boring

Discussion in 'Furnaces and their construction' started by welderskelter, Nov 12, 2022.

1. welderskelter

welderskelter Copper

Someone has to put up something for people to read or this forum will go under . That will be a shame. Been cold and blustry here so havent done much in cold shop. But I have been keeping an eye on this forum. Come on lets start talking.

2. Mantrid

Mantrid Silver

Time for a casting competition maybe?

3. welderskelter

welderskelter Copper

Maybe you could get something going there. I still dont have my furnace built yet

4. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Winter is usually the time I get mt creative juices flowing anyway. Got some projects planned soon.

5. Rocketman

Rocketman Silver Banner Member

6. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

I'm working 3 pm - 3 am every day.. so I'm out..

7. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Ever try browsing the forum or using the search function? Or maybe posting a project yourself? There are thousands of detailed illustrated threads that members have taken their time to create here on the forum. That's the beauty of a forum versus a flash in the pan on Instagram or Twitter.....it's memorialized forever. I think the forum will be just fine.

That being said, if someone want's to organize a casting contest, the forum would be happy to host such depending upon what you come up with.

Best,
    Kelly

Tobho Mott, Melterskelter and HT1 like this.
  8. welderskelter

welderskelter Copper

I guess I havent really went to deep in here to see it all. I will have to do that. I am just getting into melting and my furnace isnt done yet. I really enjoy seeing movment on here tho. I learn more quite often. So I do apologize for calling this forum boring. Harold

9. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

No problem Harold. Lot's of furnace build threads here too so when you get a little further into your furnace build and have any questions, they can be answered or perhaps a forum member could point toward an existing thread with related info.

Best,
    Kelly

10. Zapins

Zapins Gold

What are you interested in making?

I've been part of this forum for years and years. Its mostly like a family of like minded nut cases here. We all go through spurts of creativity from time to time and periods of less activity but someone is usually always making something cool. You'd be surprised at the number of non casting skills people have here on the forum too. This place is a great place to learn nearly any building skill.

Bldr J, Petee716 and Tobho Mott like this.