deleting unwanted posts...

Discussion in 'Forum suggestions' started by Barrybooth, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Barrybooth

Barrybooth Silver

Guys, this is a wonderful site which I really enjoy reading but it most definitely needs a help section! I searched and couldn't find instructions that would simply tell me how to delete a duplicate post I accidentally posted twice by mistake ugh. Help!

2. Jason

Jason Gold

Nope.. not happening. One of the mods can pull it. After a certain time, you also won't be able to edit your post.

3. Barrybooth

Barrybooth Silver

Well now, that seems a bit short sighted you can't even delete something right after you mistakenly post it! Hmm, garbage in but you can't get it out. :(

4. Barrybooth

Barrybooth Silver

I did find a way tho, open, erace all the text and replace it with a period and post and pressto the message is gone. I did it twice to make sure it works. It seems if it doesn't detect a stream of text it deletes it, how wonderful!:p

Where's there a will there's a way!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  5. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

If you think before you post you likely will not need to delete your post. ;)
    But not to worry, the moderators can clean up any mess you make.

6. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

I guess I'll have to quit deleting all those period posts.

As much as it pains me to say, Jason is correct about the reasons.......be thoughtful about your posts and you wont feel the need to revise them in the future.

Best,
    Kelly

7. Barrybooth

Barrybooth Silver

It most be nice to never make a mistake, I envy you!;)

8. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Only quality here boys. Nothing but quality!

:)