Hello all casting people.

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Thronborg, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Thronborg

Thronborg Copper

I am new to this. I was inspired when i looked at MyFordBoys movies. After some time i have now got myself a furnance and a #D printer and i hope i can make something out of it with help from this forum.

Thanks!
    Ole Thronborg
    Sweden

Stuart. W likes this.
  2. Welcome! All you have to do is try. You learn as much from failing as you do from success. Myfordboy was one of my inspirations as well.

Stuart. W likes this.
  3. Jason

Jason Gold

Now if only we could get him to talk in his videos.o_O

crazybillybob likes this.
  4. crazybillybob

crazybillybob Silver Banner Member

I think it would be easier to get you to not talk in yours :p

5. Jason

Jason Gold

lol.. I do enough for him and me!

6. myfordboy

myfordboy Silver

Sorry, I won't be talking any time soon! Or revealing my face. Remember Wilson in the TV series Home Improvement, that's me.

7. rocco

rocco Silver

I remember Wilson, he spoke, we just never saw his face. With you we don't get either!:D

8. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

This was positively the best play on the gag.

tumblr_lmq0olTKan1qlt51qo1_500.jpg

9. Jason

Jason Gold

:p

10. myfordboy

myfordboy Silver

Ok I am a mute Wilson. I forgot he did speak.

11. dtsh

dtsh Silver

While I'd love to pile on with the harassment, I appreciate the lack of talking. Sometimes I feel the talking gets in the way of showing a process and the old saying of a picture is worth 1000 words still applies.
    Sometimes speaking helps with complex issues, but I don't thing it's required.

rocco and Tobho Mott like this.
  12. rocco

rocco Silver

My earlier post aside, I sort of have to agree, a well shot how-to video really shouldn't need many words and Myfordboy's videos are indeed well shot.

13. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

14. dennis

dennis Silver

I've gotten lots of ideas from Myford's vids - including little-to-no talk, and not showing myself, if/when I ever do vids. (Thinking to start with slideshows, so as to attempt to document what I'm trying to do. Y'know, maybe they might help someone else?)

A lifetime of being harassed, abused and bullied has caused me to wonder if there is something about me that instinctually induces xenophobia in a certain and (for me) unknowable percentage of people.