Hello everyone :-)

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by SRV1, May 8, 2022.

1. SRV1

SRV1 Copper

Hello,
    I am Mark from Belgium, thank you very for approval. Please forgive my foreign English I am daily machinist, lathe mill grinder conventional and used to learn gas and tig welding . I have just discovered the work of Kelly on lost foam and was blown away by the quality and methods. I was blown away by Kelly’s involvement in this Forum and sharing kindly helpful techniques giving a bunch of light to many enthusiasts .
    I will try to apply the techniques discussed and post my experience.
    thank you very much everybody !!!
    Cheers - Mark

Tops likes this.
  2. Tops

Tops Silver Banner Member

Hi Mark! Looking forward to reading about your projects.

SRV1 likes this.
  3. SRV1

SRV1 Copper

Hi Tops , will do my best
    Anyway very excited journey to come !
    Cheers
    Mark

4. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Hi Mark, welcome. I'm sure you'll find the forum friendly and knowledgeable. We'll look forward to your future posts.

Best,
    Kelly

5. SRV1

SRV1 Copper

Hello Kelly,

Thank you very much , I am amazed how good is this forum .
    It will take me a while to read and sorting out with all post but I am willing to participate actively when time comes .

Cheers
    Mark

6. bobhurd3d

bobhurd3d Copper

Hello Mark. I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I am. I am a newbie to this forum but have been doing casting and home foundry work for decades.

Cheers,
    - bob

7. SRV1

SRV1 Copper

Hi Bob ,

Thank you very much for the kind words,
    Initially I registered to this forum thanks to Kelly regarding lost foam techniques but I admit to be excited as well by sand casting.
    For years now I have followed myfordboy and Ol foundryman who are really clever in their approach, from my beginner view. I hope to meet several people in the same league, it’s really exciting.
    ‘Anybody know if Ol foundryman is member here ?
    Anyway I am not forum guy but this forum is really fantastic and people here are really great.
    Kindest regards
    Mark

bobhurd3d likes this.
  8. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

He prefers to use his YT channel. Unfortunately his health has curtailed that activity.

I find forums to be a far better searchable repository of technical knowledge and vehicle for real time assistance, compared to FB, SC or Twitter.

Best,
    Kelly

9. SRV1

SRV1 Copper

Thank you for the reply Kelly ,
    Sorry to hear about his health ! I hope a prompt recovery.
    Foundry wise , this guy is talented !!

Cheers
    Mark