Hello from central Virginia

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by John Gaertner, Aug 24, 2021.

1. John Gaertner

John Gaertner Silver

Hello Forum,

My name is John and I live in central Virginia, USA. I have been doing all types of casting for 30 years. I am just starting to do investment casting using a 3D printer and dedicated investment filament. I have done conventional investment casting with slurry, green sand casting, Petrobond sand casting and all types of plastics and rubber mold casting. I look forward to sharing with the forum and asking for help!

2. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Hey John, welcome. I look forward to seeing some of your projects. We like pictures. Ya-know what they say....worth a thousand words.

Best,
    Kelly

3. Oldarm

Oldarm Silver

Welcome John,
    After 30 years of getting your feet wet it may well be we who will be seeking advice! Certainly what you don't know should be on tap here. Just ask and it shall be offered it seems to me. A great place to hang your shingle.
    John

4. Oldarm

Oldarm Silver

And, Virginia!! Oh how we miss you folk so much. Let's get this thing beat!
    John

5. John Gaertner

John Gaertner Silver

Hello Oldarm and Kelly,

Oldarm, love your Lancaster Avatar. Kelly, I have watched most of your YouTube videos. Your lost foam work is amazing and inspiring.

Attached Files: