Hello from SW Pa

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by John Smith, Sep 9, 2021.

1. John Smith

John Smith Lead

Been melting down aluminum into ingots for a year or so. Now that I have a nice supply stock piled I guess it's time to take the next step and get setup for doing some actual casting with it. Found this forum and I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge on the subject.

I started out with a simple propane burner but that gets expensive. Now have a nicely functioning .65 GPH siphon burner and run diesel in it. Sure makes short work of melting aluminum. The new burner quickly did a number on my cheapo bucket lined with kaowool so am in process of building the wood mold parts to cast a new furnace using kastolite 30+. Luckily I only have to drive about 40 mniutes to their global distribution center just outside Pittsburgh so no shipping costs.

Anyway just saying Hi, looking forward to my first attempts. Have not done this since shop class 45 years ago lol

2. DaveZ

DaveZ Copper

Welcome. I'm not to far away from you. I'm in Altoona. This is a great site. A wealth of information and many experienced casters generously sharing their knowledge and experience. Very talented individuals.