Hello from Uk

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Cringleengineering, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Hey thanks for adding me to the forum, seams like a great place you have here.
    I have been casting for around 7 years myself now mostly self taught with a big thanks to the likes of myford boy and other you tube channels.
    Im now casting full time as my day job now but still lots to learn witch is probably why im still so interested in the art.
    I have now quite refined my casting setup using petrobond and casting aluminium and copper alloys.
    Hopefully i may have leant some bits worth sharing on here also.

Thanks for the add.

Best regards.

Luke.

Tobho Mott likes this.
  2. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Welcome Luke. I’ll be interested to see your setup and your work. We love pictures!

Pete

3. Thanks pete il add some pics here when i figure out how to.

4. Here are some of the parts i cast, mostly model engineering stuff.

Attached Files:

FishbonzWV, Al2O3 and Tops like this.
  5. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome Luke. I see what looks like a concrete mixer muller and well organized molding area. What are you running for a furnace?

Best,
    Kelly

6. Hi Kelly, yes thats my basic muller just a standard mixer with iron balls inside it.
    My furnace is nothing fancy just an old propane tank lined with 2" of ceramic blanket and and 1800° refractory, i use propane as fuel and it melts around 3lt of ally in 25min mq2.jpg currently gathering parts to make a bigger one.

Luke.

7. John Gaertner

John Gaertner Silver

Hello Luke,

I have enjoyed your YouTube videos. Your steam engines are great. Glad you found this forum.

Jgaertner