Hollow pours

Discussion in 'Investment casting Ceramic shell method' started by Ferrisbeu, May 16, 2021.

1. Ferrisbeu

Ferrisbeu Silver

Casting 5 lbs+ brass. Do you just pour it in then pour it back out?? I haven't had the guts to try it. Funny shit. Instagram is Ferrisbeu

2. Jason

Jason Gold

UH no... It doesn't quite work that way bud. Some of the hardest casting you will ever do is anything hollow.
    Sorry no I-gram, my ass isn't wide enough and I have no tats. My life isn't that interesting and neither is yours.:p:D

3. Ferrisbeu

Ferrisbeu Silver

my followers must have low standards then

4. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

I've got friends in low places too :cool:

You need some type of core for making the part hollow.... what type of casting are you doing?

And don't mind our redheaded step child. He tends to put the mouth into gear without engaging brain first...;)

Ironsides and Patrick-C like this.
  5. Mach

Mach Silver

Who did the flip mold thing over at alloyavenue? He was doing bronze figures with plaster molds. He'd pour the bronze in and then use gloves and kaowool around the outside to pour it back out. From his description, he had done it a fair bit but it was definitely jaw dropping to watch.

6. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Mantrid? But I I think he just disappeared without a trace.

Best,
    K

7. Mach

Mach Silver

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    Ferrisbeu likes this.
  8. Jason

Jason Gold

No, it was Artopsy. He WAS here, but got busy with life or something. That guy was a wealth of information for us shell weenies.
    I think he lives in the south of france.

Ferrisbeu likes this.