Natural Gas Furnace build.

Discussion in 'Furnaces and their construction' started by Bldr J, Sep 2, 2021.

1. BeagelBrainz

BeagelBrainz Copper

Cordless tool have come so far since I started my apprenticeship in the late 80's.

Even now when in the shed I reach for the cordless tools before a corded one. One Makita saw that I think gets overlooked is their little cordless cold cut saw. That thing is fantatsic, I've used it to cut up 100x10 BMS before I got my horizontal bandsaw, even now if I don't have too many cuts to make or can't be bothered getting the bandsaw out, very very cramped workshop, the cold cut saw will cut 20mm bar stock for turning.

And after having worked with guys that work on the mains & hi voltage supply in my state the Makita portable bandsaw is a pretty rugged bit of kit.

After having spent many many going from site to site to repair kids playgrounds I swear by the current crop of cordless gear. Hell of a lot quicker than running an extension cord ( which in this day and age of a nanny state you have to think of trip hazzards), getting the genny going to get stuff done (plus checking oil & petrol). Tho the silence after the genny stops in kinda nice.

The only downside is you need a good supply of spare batteries, a couple of chargers and a small inverter to charge batteries on the go.

Bldr J likes this.