Need aluminum badge copied.

Discussion in 'Request casting service' started by Andrey Voronin, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Need small aluminum badge copied. About 2" in length, please give me a quote. i'll take as many as you can make.
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Jason

Jason Gold

David this one is all you brother! He is our resident badge expert.
    I make crap like ashtrays, key chain holders and custom BP's for website owners.

Red97 likes this.
  3. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Ive got a 2 month waiting list going on right now....

4. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Someone needs to raise their prices....not sayin who :rolleyes:

K

DavidF likes this.
  5. I understand it, can i be put on a waiting list?

6. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Will do.... How many are you going to want??

7. Depends on the price. But at least 20 pieces. I also got another badge that i need to reproduce.

8. Jason

Jason Gold

What is that turbo badge off of? I know that script, but I cannot place it for the life of me....
    Lotus used lower case letters if I recall. or was that audi?

I had a 5000 back in high school. They called me the sedan man. Mine looked just like this one. 1yr later, I got a job shucking oysters at a restaurant on the beach and after a florida rain storm, there was a chick in front of a new Italian restaurant putting down sod IN A LIME GREEN THONG! I didn't see the 50dollar truck in front of me stopped in traffic and I ran that car right into the ass end of that truck! The insurance company paid me big time for that car. Had a strong book, but no market value thanks to that BS 60mins story of these cars jumping through garage walls. This is the VERY car that is responsible for you TODAY having to press the brake pedal to unlock the gear shift selector. Audi sales suffered big time. I should have sued 60mins.
    1984-audi-5000s-turbo-photo-166193-s-original.jpg

I wanted one of these, but they were hard to come by. Still rare as hens teeth.
    IMG_25313-940x636.jpg

9. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Saab Turbo?

K

DavidF likes this.
  10. Jason

Jason Gold

DING DING... winner winner chicken dinner!
    https://www.ebay.com/i/132525616779?chn=ps

Saab it is. I knew I saw that thing. Been a long time, saab cars have been defunct for a while now.
    Americans don't do weird very well. Great cars.
    s-l640.jpg

There was one of these in my local saab dealership years ago. You either loved or hated that school bus yellow.
    If I think real hard, I can remember the smell of the leather in that thing. It was a work of art.
    Must have been all that BS jet advertising they had going on back in the day. I bet every guy that
    bought one of these thought he was driving a JET to the grocery store. The sound of that turbo spooling up sounded like a jet!
    The lag sucked, but when she kicked in around 20mph, it was a swift kick in the ass. Very fun!

Saab-12-e1490997818106-940x686.jpg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  11. you got it right sir :).
    these grill badges attract kids and they're not too hard to rip off, maybe they fall off themselves hard to tell really. My car is missing one ,so my friend can borrow me one off his car to reproduce, i was thinking about having few extra to give fellow enthusiasts if they need one.

12. That audi quattro is one hell of a car. I saw several of them at carlisle auto show ,all were in perfect condition. Hopefully one day i'll own one like this.

13. 5000 is still a great car, underestimated for no reason. Cool story about the chick in green thongs :)