New man cave!!!!

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by DavidF, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Jason

Jason Gold

New law this year.. I think you get to keep your tag when ya sell your car. Maybe people complained...

2. I do live in Oklahoma. One expects to see an Oklahoma tag.

3. Jason

Jason Gold

Yeah... and I want Indians, buffaloes, and bows and arrows and stuff on it... Not what we have now. (My car is tagged and titled in OK too) Keeps me from screwing with my local inspectors.

4. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Well I cant get a tomatoe plant to grow to save my life, but the grape vines are doing well :D
    20190610_181452.jpg

Tobho Mott likes this.
  5. crazybillybob

crazybillybob Silver Banner Member

What type of "tomatoes" are you growing? I thought the type with the this kind of leaves were easy to grow. Where I went to collage every other house had them growing in the basement.

Attached Files:

joe yard likes this.
  6. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Gold Banner Member

He could maybe grow those "tomatoes" up here... This was recently stuck on the main door of the office building I work in.

20190507_132658-780x1040.jpg

o_O

Jeff

7. DavidF

Ummm, this was the tomatoes that you eat.

8. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Gold Banner Member

Sorry for taking a step down the path toward thread derailment... I've not any luck with tomato plants myself either, the slugs seem to like them better than I do; they beat me to them every time. The grapes are looking healthy!

Jeff

9. PatJ

PatJ Silver

I have had my eye on a pygmy goat farm for a while.
    (This is not my photo)
    goats.jpg

I also found some incredible miniature braman cows (these may actually be zebus).
    (not my photo)
    bramahn.jpg

And I came close to getting a miniature horse one time.
    It stood about 26 tall at the shoulder.
    (not my photo)
    mini-horses.jpg

The mini animals eat far less than the full sized, and are much easier to keep.
    You have to watch them though because people will steal them out of the field.

10. Jason

Jason Gold

Avoid shetlands. Everyone I've ever been around were mean little shits. And NO ALPACAS! The money may sound good, but they would rather spit at you then look at you.

I've got a buddy here in Texas with some scrub land. He swears it's useless for anything but goats. They are zero maintenance and once a year he calls they truck to take them away and a nice check shows up. Rinse and repeat. My sister had pygmies, but hers were pets. I dont understand miniature cows, If I cant cut it up and eat it what's the point? Clint Eastwood had a horse once. Someone asked him what its name was. He said, you dont name something ya might have to eat. Another good one... Pigs dont have a purpose!:( or do they? bacon, pork chops, tenderloins......:D YUM!

I vote pygmies. Great hardy goat with no horns.

11. Goats have to be wormed regularly any place it rains enough to grow grass. And neighbors' dogs may like them as much as you do. And since the billys piss on their beard to attract the girls they can smell like Jason (you might not have noticed, Jason).

The best animals to get are something you are interested in. They all have their downsides.

If I had a small acreage I'd buy a couple of young steers each spring and they take care of themselves all summer. Then feed them out in the fall and provide great meat for your extended family. But I'm a cattleman.

joe yard likes this.
  12. Jason

Jason Gold

Go with that and send me the NY strips! Just follow the smell of beard piss for the clean shaved dude. :p

oldironfarmer likes this.
  13. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

I understand why people raise livestock. Lots of good reasons and motives. I grew up around all kinds of it, mainly horses and cows, but plenty of wooly furry feathery stuff too. I dont have anything against any of them but I prefer to have them on my plate, not my land.

Pete

14. DavidF

Frick, knew I should have stayed away from the car shows. Just what I needed, another project... 20190802_145821.jpg 20190802_173212.jpg

_Jason likes this.
  15. Jason

Jason Gold

Ahh, you can do it. Send it out and write the check. :eek::p

oldironfarmer likes this.
  16. DavidF

Old house went on the market monday and I have multiple offers :D
    Time for highest and best!!
    I'll be so happy when this burden comes to an end. Fixing up two houses ate up so much of my free time it's not even funny.

Also bought a donor car to get the 6.0 ls engine and every thing else I can use for the 56 buick.
    20190907_165830.jpg

Tobho Mott likes this.
  17. Jason

Jason Gold

Are you using the tranny out of that thing? A few model years do not have a good reputation. I seem to remember around 2009-2012.
    If yours is silent with no lag when pulling it into gear, ya might be safe.
    (I have too many friends that are escalade owners, it's the texas pickup in my parts)

18. DavidF

This has the 4l65e transmission..... they're good.

19. Jason

Jason Gold

good deal.;)

20. DavidF

Phase 2 I think??
    Gutted the upstairs and insulated it, working on putting up the sheet rock now.
    Contractors were supposed to start on the roof and siding this week but pushed me back until May 1st due to weather and material delays. ( just gotta have that green roof ;))
    By the time I get the upstairs finished off I'll have to repaint the downstairs with all the dust and dirt I've been kicking up :confused: oh well there's light at the end of the tunnel...
    20210328_133135.jpg 20210418_121837.jpg 20210418_152314.jpg