New man cave!!!!

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by DavidF, Jan 26, 2018.

1. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Bathroom should look sharp when it's finished.
    I doubt we will ever use the upstairs much, but it will be great when we have guests over night.
    Also saved this old light fixture and will be putting it back up. Pretty sure the house had no plumbing or electric until sometime in the 1940's as there is no evidence of it ever having knob and tube wiring.
    received_303495981234623.jpeg

20210422_182541.jpg

FishbonzWV likes this.
  2. Clay

Clay Copper

Thats quite a journey, we are at the end of our 1914 knob and tube wired house. we went from three small bedrooms no closets to 2 larger on the other side of the house, need to finish the walk in shower, total rewire and plumb complete. I didn't think it would ever end.

DavidF likes this.
  3. Jason

Jason Gold

That's a cool old light. It's kinda art deco mixed with a bit of grandma. Is that sink a reproduction or original?

4. DavidF

It's a reproduction...

5. Jason

Jason Gold

It looks the part. I like it.

6. DavidF

Only bad thing is the matching toilet is $450.00
    And you still have to wipe yourself :confused::rolleyes:

7. Jason

Jason Gold

Remember it only hurts once. At least that's what my wife told me when I bought all the plumbing crap for my bathroom. On the plus side, I didn't have to spring for a cat washer if you catch my drift.

8. DavidF

Contractors finally showed up. There was a bit of plywood they had to replace near the gutters but nothing out of the ordinary so far.
    Maybe tomorrow I'll get to see some green up there.
    I'll be glad when it's over. 18 hour days is going to kill me.
    received_212936013975082.jpeg received_835107384071726.jpeg received_498650037933436.jpeg

9. FishbonzWV

FishbonzWV Silver Banner Member

No humping shingles on this job!
    I would have thought a tin roof was appropriate for the ol' farm house.

10. DavidF

I'd love a steel roof, but its just more than I want to spend.... I need more tools and casting supplies... muhahaha :D

Edit, also need a haircut. Haven't had one since I bought the farm. And the cat calls are getting ridiculous.. lol

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    FishbonzWV likes this.
  11. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Pictures!!!!! :D

Best,
    K

12. DavidF

After I've been up for 15 hours not exactly looking my best. But apparently I still look good from behind at 50.
    20210511_211752.jpg

13. Al2O3

I like it! Just need a pony when you're casting.

Best,
    K

14. With a haircut like that you should be teaching a bog iron blacksmithing course viking style. :eek::rolleyes:

Jason likes this.
  15. Jason

Jason Gold

I'll never understand why cheap steel costs so much when they bend it into thin roofing material. The smart guys out here grab the cut off pieces from roof jobs and turn them into steel fencing. I watched my cnc neighbor guy buy cedar fence pickets last week at 5bucks a piece! 1/2" cdx is over 50bucks a sheet and a 2x4x8 is over 8bucks a stick! Dave's hair is gonna be a lot longer working extra hours when he gets the bill for that plywood!:eek:

Dave, if you stick it in a man bun, I swear I'll mail you the biggest buttplug on gods green earth!:p

16. DavidF

Before the farm....
    Don't think those words belong in the same sentence....

17. DavidF

Looks like the roof should be finished up today.
    And they just about had all the siding stripped when I left for work.
    I'll be glad when they're finished. I don't like being woken up so early in the morning by banging and barking dogs.
    But it does get me out into the garage and on the car pretty early, so that's a good thing..
    20210517_114726.jpg 20210517_114830.jpg

Clay likes this.
  18. Al2O3

It's coming together, looking good, and will be another major one off the list I'm sure.

Best,
    Kelly

19. Peedee

Peedee Silver

Your guys put most of the builders over here to shame!!!

20. DavidF

Roof all finished up, most of the siding stripped.
    They left the 1/2" foam on the house because the windows were installed over too of it. I was hoping to get a look at the original wood siding underneath it but oh well....now the house is insulated inside, and has the foam insulation on the outside plus vapor wrapped and then bubble wrapped. 20210518_133248.jpg 20210519_121927.jpg
    They've started getting some of the new siding on and it's looking good!
    Got to run out and get some paint. Going to restore the arched window at the peak in the front of the house. It's actually in decent shape for being 167 years old.