New to the forum

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Matthew TINKER, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Hi,
    Matt TINKER, Tinker is my real name.

I have been doing home foundry of and on for about 20 years, Al and Zamac. I use Petrobond as if requires less maintenance and gives a nice fine finish. My home foundry has at the moment an 1 1/4" burner which is a bit of a waste of gas! When I started, there wasn't anything like as much info on the web, so I built on a misguided big is better basis! I am at the moment making a series of "Mickey Porter" burners for forge, Kiln and foundry work. I live just outside Paris, English is my mother tongue, but I'm completely at home in French!

2. Welcome to the forum!

We will be glad to learn from you, everybody likes pictures.

Matthew TINKER likes this.
  3. PatJ

PatJ Silver

Welcome.
    Yes, we need photos to make it official.

4. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome and please do post some examples of your equipment and work.

Best,
    Kelly

5. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome to the forum, and yes please post some pictures..

6. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Welcome to the forum! Pics or it didn't happen.

7. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

obviously showing up here without a Photo album is an unforgivable Faux Pa... Welcome, and the rest of you be nice

V/r HT1

Mark's castings and Jason like this.
  8. Relatively speaking all the rest of us are nice.:p

DavidF likes this.
  9. Jason

Jason Gold

Nice isn't a requirement. I value frankness and honesty above ass kissing any day.:p

Welcome to THF. This is a very active casting forum. One of the best and many of the members have been casting for decades! Seriously, some of our guy are THAT OLD!

10. Easy now, Mr. Matt has been tinkering with casting for twenty years or more...

Jason likes this.