petrobondforsale is back

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Chasft, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Chasft

Chasft Copper

Been a bad year for me but i am back up and running for those that missed me , my site is www.petrobondforsale.com use discount code (homefoundry) to save 5 bucks off order of 55 or more.

what has happened to alloy avenue
    chasft

John Homer and Tobho Mott like this.
  2. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Lately everyone is looking for bentone....
    Have any??

John Homer likes this.
  3. rocco

rocco Silver

Welcome, I'm glad you found us.
    I'm not sure exactly what's happening with with Alloy Avenue, it's been having serious issues for about the past six months. it's still alive but it's not functional. There's a long thread about it HERE.

4. Chasft

Chasft Copper

No just the petrobond

5. Chasft

Chasft Copper

well I'm glad everyone has found a home hope i can help out a little

6. OMM

OMM Silver

Where are “you” located and where are you shipping from?

7. Chasft

Chasft Copper

located and shipping from indiana

8. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

I have people asking for your contact e mail.
    It is not listed on your web site...

9. Chasft

Chasft Copper

I Just added it to my site anyone can email me directly chasft123@comcast.net subject sand sorry still learning webstore setup using shopify now

crazybillybob and DavidF like this.
  10. dennis

dennis Silver

What, uh, gradation (?) of sand is used in this wondrous, drool-inducing, miraculous sand? Hopefully, 130 mesh or higher? (Local source, or the one I knew of, has expired.)

If it's of good fineness, I hope to buy some next spring, say around March or so.

11. Chasft

Chasft Copper

i use 140 mesh

12. dennis

dennis Silver

Ah! Then I *will* seek to get some, as soon as I can get enough for a 50 lb container. I hope to get at least 200 pounds of it, but 50 should do for a start. Thanks for the reply.

13. bill

bill Silver

I just bought 50lbs. Holy new bag of brown sugar. This may be the best sand I have ever touched. To be perfectly honest I do not have a lot of experience with sand casting of any sort. My endorsement my not be worth much but this feels as good as the 8lbs of delft clay I have that cost about the same as the 50lbs. I never really had enough clay to do the pieces I bought it for. Most of my castings are under 2lbs if im using copper or bronze or 3-4 ounces if im using silver and those are lost wax casting. The greensand I use is home made and seems to work and I have purchased petrobond and delft clay in the past. The petrobond I bought prier to this was purchased from a supply company online and was dryer than a bag of flour. I'm really not sure why I decided to try using it again, but I am glad I did. The guy seemed fairly dedicated when he describes making this sand. I finally have enough to actually fill my mold box.

dennis likes this.
  14. Chasft

Chasft Copper

I'm glad you like it

dennis likes this.
  15. FishbonzWV

FishbonzWV Silver Banner Member

My sand bin is full of his PB and it is great.
    One recommendation for you Charles, my last order showed up with the box seam blown out from rough handling. It's a wonder it didn't spill. Maybe a couple wraps of fiberglass reinforced tape around the box would help.

dennis likes this.
  16. dennis

dennis Silver

These descriptions are making me drool...