Shipping 2020 and 2021

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by OMM, Dec 28, 2020.

1. OMM

OMM Silver

Does anybody else see shipping rates going up? I ship product to me internationally and I also ship internationally. With the pandemic a couple months ago I got cell phone charger delivered for $12. Today the same delivery is $17.

2. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

I generally ship and receive domestically with small parcels and found that UPS rates are through the roof and FEDX service is in the basement. Freight back and forth over the Canadian border also brings some very unpleasent surprises.

Pete

3. Jason

Jason Gold

When I flew UPS cargo, we said you can't spell stupid without a U P & S. FedUp is much cheaper in my neck of the woods.
    Ship to Canada? Jeff got the last thing on earth I'll ever mail that far north! :p

4. rocco

rocco Silver

For me, international shipping into Canada via UPS is usually a deal killer, their brokerage fees are way too high and too add insult, the government here levies a 13% sales tax on those brokerage fees. When possible I prefer to get stuff through the postal service, they charge a fairly low flat rate brokerage fee.

5. garyhlucas

garyhlucas Silver

Heck, China sends stuff here by the shipping container then the USPS delivers it all over the country for FREE! You wonder why they are going broke? A 100 year old trade agreement that needs to be renegotiated.

6. rocco

rocco Silver

That's always struck me as odd, until very recently I could have something shipped to my door from China for less than it would cost to deliver a postcard to my next door neighbour.