Typar And A Load Handler

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by FishbonzWV, Nov 15, 2022.

1. FishbonzWV

FishbonzWV Silver Banner Member

Since Zap's using typar and Jason a load handler, here's my project using both.
    I've got an area that constantly stays wet. I thought it was just a hillside spring but the gas company dug in there to install a gas service line to a home. They uncovered a steel drain that dead ended there. I didn't get to see it but there are other 8" steel casings used for drainage in the Park. I found a 15' stick of 8" and was going to use it to tie into a 6" plastic surface water drain. This area is very busy with utilities.
    Ditch E.jpg
    I carefully dug with the Kubota and found the steel and plastic drains. Turned out the steel was 14" so I had to come up with Plan B. French drain right there to catch the water. Cut the plastic 6", put a Wye in with perforated 6" plastic, typar, #4 river gravel.
    Ditch A.jpg

Ditch B.jpg

Made a pipe cap for the perforated plastic pipe with typar and a piece of 6" plastic.
    Ditch F.jpg

Cranked the gravel in with the load handler.
    Ditch C.jpg

Wrapped it all up. That's the 8" steel casing that went back to storage.
    Dumped the rest of the gravel on top.
    Ditch D.jpg

Water is flowing to the drain system now and hopefully it will dry out.

BattyZ, Petee716 and Tops like this.
  2. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Old and abandoned utility pipes can sure cause a lot of head scratching (and sometimes very confounding surprises too!) Hopefully your instincts were correct.
    I had a load handler for quite awhile. It’s function was limited to mulch or firewood because my trucks’ bedliners have always been the gritty type. I actually ended up breaking the plastic mounting bracket assembly rendering the thing useless. I’m sure I could cast or fab or just replace the part but my new truck has a tailgate that’s about 4” thick and I doubt the mounting brackets would fit anyway. I gave it away to my neighbor to use as a traveling cover for his construction-waste trailer.
    It looks like you guys are making good use of yours though!

Pete