Who's my importer around here?

Discussion in 'Other metal working projects' started by Jason, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Jason

Jason Gold

Going west, it wont have to go through the Panama canal, I'm sure that's not a fast or cheap journey. That's all I can come up with.

2. Jason

Jason Gold

Well, so much for a float plan. I wonder if I could file a flight plan and go the other direction?

Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 03-2AL TRACKING - ) Marine Vessel Traffic.png

3. crazybillybob

crazybillybob Silver Banner Member

You could try that but I think the nice folks at the FAA might not take it so well when you land.

4. Jason

Jason Gold

Does anyone know if importing requires TWO separate bonds?? I bought the ISF bond and now I think I need a bond just for US customs??? Seeing I'm not doing this again, a single use would be fine..

5. Jason

Jason Gold

AND they locked down.... :rolleyes: Glad my shit is on the boat! It came from Shandong!
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...-covid-lockdown-heres-what-we-know/ar-AAV4noS

In other news, I called Vasari today and fished for some info. I mentioned to the guy I heard their lift was around 40K. He laughed and said 40grand wouldn't buy
    HALF OF THEIR LIFT!:eek::eek::eek: He said, "installed expect 6 figures!" Then he babbled about safety switches and some other crap than made zero sense. He didn't know
    anything about the concrete work.:rolleyes:

I'll be sure to send him a link when I'm done!:p

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
  6. Jason

Jason Gold

Off the coast of Acapulco ... Won't be long now!

Screenshot 2022-03-25 at 00-45-30 MarineTraffic ence AIS Marine Traffic.png

7. Jason

Jason Gold

uh oh... Time to go buy a shovel! Panama canal!
    Screenshot 2022-03-27 at 18-05ng Intelligence AIS Marine Traffic.png

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  8. Jason

Jason Gold

SO much for arriving on the 4th... IN MOBILE! :mad: I had this week off too. :( I don't see this thing making houston until the 11th.
    Customs has been paid and so has the houston forwarder. Got a surprise on that one.:eek: Don't ask, wife is still fuming mad, but understands.

Screenshot 2022-04-02 at 15-43-57 MAERSK MEontainer Ship IMO 9348651) - VesselFinder.png

9. rocco

rocco Silver

Latest Course/Speed 50.7° / 2.1 kn. What the heck is it doing out there? 50.7° puts it on course for Tampa not Mobile and 2.1 knots wtf? they go faster than that in a narrow inland channel, if it were on course and moving at a normal speed from it's current position, it'd be less than a day and a half out of Mobile

10. Jason

Jason Gold

Yeah, it is a little bizarre. The stop in Mobile wasn't on the original schedule, but it now shows up on the Maersk schedule. I'm just hoping I don't get bent over having to make them hold onto it for a week before I can get down there. Buddy of mine is letting me use his dualie dodge diesel and trailer. Bring on 12mpg and 5buck a gallon diesel! Thanks brandon!

11. rocco

rocco Silver

Had another look, seems they've got thereshit together now, on course and at their current speed, they're about 15 hours out of Mobile

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
  12. Jason

Jason Gold

It's really screwed up... Every paper I have says arriving the 4th. in houston. Sure hope they give me a few days to get it before the money meter starts up again..:rolleyes:

13. Jason

Jason Gold

Quick turn through mobile and arriving today in Houston.

Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 02-54-20 MAERSK MEMPO 9348651) - VesselFinder.png

This is kinda cool. I can look up the container and see all the crap that's in it. Interesting.
    There is 6 ball valves in this thing that make my lift look like a friggen toy! Judging from what I had to cough up in additional freight, these guys make at least 100grand hauling a single container box across the world.:eek::rolleyes:

14. Jason

Jason Gold

Well this sucks.... Must be backed up at the port. The company schedule is showing the 16th now!:rolleyes: Real efficient to haul ass across the world and then park for 2 weeks.o_O
    Looks like a parking lot on both sides of the channel.

Screenshot 2022-04-12 at 04-24-05 Mer Ship IMO 9348651) - VesselFinder.png

15. rocco

rocco Silver

A while back, I was hearing a lot of stories about stuff backed up in the ports, the containers were arriving faster than they could clear them out due to a shortage of trucks and especially truckers but I thought they'd gotten a handle on the problem, apparently not.

16. Jason

Jason Gold

I didnt think Houston had the problems as bad as california.:rolleyes:

17. rocco

rocco Silver

Yeah, most of the stories I heard were from either the east or west coast, there wasn't a lot of that sort of news coming out of the gulf coast.

18. Mantrid

Mantrid Silver

Probably a ghost ship. Somebody will eventully go out to it and see there is nobody on board like the mary celeste

19. Jason

Jason Gold

F me! Finally heading to a berth.:rolleyes:

Screenshot_20220418-055342_Samsung Internet.jpg

20. rocco

rocco Silver

Have they told you yet when your stuff will be available to pick up?