Barefoot Roadside Casting Aluminum Pots in Vietnam

Discussion in 'Sand Casting' started by Melterskelter, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Melterskelter

Melterskelter Gold Banner Member

That is part of the conversation with him that would be so interesting. Just what is in that sand? That answer might be partially answered just by smelling the steam or could it be smoke coming from the sand. Is there a little or a lot of oil in the sand? How about a bit of anti-freeze or rubbing alcohol etc.? The sky is the limit, so to speak, as far as possible additives.

And how does he get by with no evident parting compound between cope and drag?

Denis

2. Ask him. he last replied to a comment a couple of days ago.

3. Melterskelter

Did the caster respond or was it the video maker? Could you point me to the response by the foundryman?
    I would like to ask a few questions.
    Denis

4. W
    Well of course it's the video maker. Are they the same guy?

Here's the response to part of your question:

[​IMG]
    arc craft
    8 months ago
    Mind to ask,what kind of sand you are using?'...tq

[​IMG]
    Vietnam Village
    8 months ago
    1 kind of sand in the river bank

5. Melterskelter

I did write to the caster (I think it is him) at the gmail address he posted asking for donations. It was not clear to me whether the video had been made by the caster or, I suspected more, by some driveby video maker trying to make money on YouTube. We shall see if I get a response.

Thank, OIF, for checking out the possibility of connecting with him. It would be nice if we can collectively converse with him.

Denis

6. Jason

Jason Gold

Don't hold your breath guys. The only way to find this roadside master is find someone that lives in Nam. The video maker did a great job filming this, but he won't know jackshit.