budget conscience burn out kiln?

Discussion in 'Foundry tools and flasks' started by Bill W, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Post pics when you do always good to have more examples of ways to do it.

DaveZ likes this.
  2. theroundbug

theroundbug Silver

Saw a video recently that was all russian so I can't find it, but the guy stuck a heating element in a bucket, filled it with sand and hooked raw service power right up to the wire. Wire was like 1/4" thick and got plenty hot lol...what is safety?

3. Jason

Jason Gold

The Pids are easy to wire up, not so easy to program. With a little patience you'll figure out the programming. Auber instruments are awesome at helping you out. Call them and tell them what you have and they will set you up with the right stuff. (Pid and Solid state relay) There are cheaper options out there, but when you are pulling your hair out, they will come to your rescue, I promise. They are here in the states, answer the phone and it wont be an Indian guy named Bob on the other side of the world.;)

DaveZ likes this.
  4. DaveZ

DaveZ Copper

Thanks Jason, I definitely don't want to be pulling my hair out. Done enough of that over the years. Its getting a little thin.

5. Zapins

Zapins Gold

They had a package (frequently bought together) bundle on Amazon with the auber pid, thermocouple and solid state.

DaveZ likes this.
  6. ddmckee54

ddmckee54 Silver

Jason likes this.
  7. Jason

Jason Gold

That's a pretty fancy controller! But with glass, ya kinda need it. I've run some pretty stupid schedules when casting glass.