Burner goes out

Discussion in 'Burners and their construction' started by Oxide, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Oxide

Oxide Lead

Hi Gents,

I've got a issue where my burner has a habit of losing its flame

I burn propane gas and my valve goes up to 4 bar pressure but I can't go pass much beyond half way before it blows it's self out?

Would boring the pin hole out a little wider help? Or is it a depravation of O2?

I have a DIY set up which is most inferior to you guys on here (I'm just learning really)

Many thanks

2. Jason

Jason Gold

Is your tank freezing up on you causing your pressure to drop?

Diy? Dude, I'm the king of DIY! I invented inferior home junk!
    20150408_185358.jpg

Oxide likes this.
  3. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Is the burner in the furnace when this happens, or are you trying a free air burn outside the furnace?
    What style burner is it?

4. PatJ

PatJ Silver

A propane burner can blow itself out without a flair on the end.
    For foundry work some people remove the flair, but I leave mine on and it works well for aluminum.

Sometimes the furnace interior needs to be hot before you can turn propane to a higher pressure.

5. Oxide

Oxide Lead

6. Oxide

Oxide Lead

Works fine in free air just when I poke it up the tube into the keg furness it can put its self out when on full tilt

7. Oxide

Oxide Lead

[​IMG] Awesome set you got there!... I've got quite a modest set up to compare it's a converted gas tank as a tank/keg Furness

8. Jason

Jason Gold

lol... Thanks man. I got about 9bucks in the entire thing.... (not really, but I'd be surprised if I have more than 300 in it) Mizzou/kaowool, Kwicky burner running diesel/oil gravity fed from some freon tanks. Junk microwave blower, used ketchup bottle and a piece of exhaust tube from autozone. I'm so cheap I refuse to melt metal with propane. I do use a propane torch like you have for dewax.

What I dont get is those of you guys running these weed burners... WHY THE REGULATOR?? My best guess is as the tank empties, the pressure it supplies drops, so I can kinda see the need to regulate gas pressure? My HF weed burner hooks up straight to the propane tank with a hose. This thing will probably empty my tank in 10mins flat if I run it full out!:eek: I do know there are a couple different regulators sold on the market. One is a whimpy one and the other puts out more pressure and THATS the one to have. This means if it comes from lowes or HD, it's crap.

What is your regulator limitations?