Ceramic shell slurry group buy & delivery?

Discussion in 'Lost wax casting' started by Zapins, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Zapins

Zapins Gold

I'm interested in getting a larger quantity of slurry for my lost wax ceramic shell casting. My issue is they sell it in 5 gallon or 55 gallon sizes. I doubt I could use all 55 gallons of binder in the next few years before it goes bad on my own. However, buying 5 gallon size is extremely not worth it cost wise.
    RemasolĀ® ADBOND AD-II - 50lbs./pail - 3.00/LB.- $150.00

RemasolĀ® ADBOND AD-II - 550lbs./drum - 1.12/LB.- $616.00

Is anyone interested in splitting the 55 gallon with me? I will be driving up and picking it up in person over December, then can drive it down at the end of January/early February.

If you ever wanted to try out lost wax I'm happy to pick up sand/wax whatever you need from remet while I'm up there and dropping it off anywhere along route 81 from Hamden CT to Morristown TN now is your chance!

2. Jason

Jason Gold

Why not suspendaslurry? is this stuff you've been using?

3. Zapins

Zapins Gold

The issue is I need a large amount just not 55 gallons large and the cost of suspendaslurry is higher and then I'd have to pay shipping instead of just picking it up for free.

If a person or two goes in halfsies with me we can all make out like bandits with no shipping costs and the lower price per gallon. Since I can deliver it on my way back.

4. FishbonzWV

FishbonzWV Silver Banner Member

I want to see pics of you shoving that 55 gal drum in the back seat of your car ! :)

5. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Oh you know it!

That's where is going if more people are interested.

6. Jason

Jason Gold

That bastard is going to weigh 4-500lbs. If I was closer, I'd jump in with you, but I am sticking with suspendsslurry. No reason to screw with different materials. I'm not keen on saving a few bucks anymore at the cost of my sanity.

7. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Good news. I managed to negotiate and ordered a half full 55g barrel at the same per gallon price. Perfect! 31 gallons will be plenty for the next two years or maybe more and I won't have to sell half to make it a viable purchase.

I got a lot of other sands and powders and wax that I'll need for shelling. Gonna pick it up a day or two after xmas.

I'm gonna turn one bag of wax into a stack of different sizes sprues once I get the extruder finished and working. The other two bags will be for sheets of wax and slush casting molds.

Tobho Mott likes this.
  8. Jason

Jason Gold

Good deal Zap. You'll use it.

9. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Boom 11 hr round trip. Look at this loot.

20181227_211959.jpg 20181227_211937.jpg 20181227_212012.jpg
    20181227_212258.jpg

10. Jason

Jason Gold

Yeah, my wife would be pissed at me if I stored that in our bedroom.:eek: I can get away with a 5gal pail.