For you Wadkin woodworking machinery fans:

Discussion in 'Pattern making' started by Mark's castings, Sep 17, 2021.

1. I think these are planer/thicknessers but could be wrong, they are 1949 vintage according to the data plate build numbers and would require a very dedicated Wadkin aficionado to restore them.

Wadkin 2.jpg

Wadkin 2 rear.jpg

Wadkin 1.jpg

Wadkin 1 rear.jpg

Wadkin 2 label.jpg

2. GTS225

GTS225 Silver

Judging the layout of the machine, with my experience as a maintenance tech at a cabinet manufacturer, that could also be a molder. There's multiple spindles, in both vertical and horizontal positions. The right cutter heads in place on the spindles, and a guy can feed a flat board in one end, and a planed molding comes out the other.

Just my 2-pence.....Roger

3. As a non-woodworker that's what I understand the machine did. I was lucky enough to know a former Wadkin factory expert here in Australia and sent him some photos and he knew exactly what the machine did and the age from the build number: his explanation was like drinking from a firehose information-wise for a non wood-butcher like myself. A good unit in working condition is worth maybe $4000 these days and tooling is no longer available for it so you'd have to make your own. He also said the condition of the electrics is the big thing as custom switches are unavailable now. It's a highly specialized machine that would take a dedicated person to restore it.