Has anyone used these two online retailers?

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by Zapins, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Anyone used these retailers/sellers before? I need parts they sell, but I am unsure I want to put my credit card # into their site since I've never heard of them before and don't know if they are safe sites.

us.misumi-ec.com

mrmetric.com

2. Jason

Jason Gold

I'd use 'em. They pass my sniff test. You know if you are really paranoid, use some cash and buy a visa card at walmart.

3. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Yeah I did that and then found out you have to put your social security # in on some website to "activate" the card. I didn't, so I have had 30 bucks tied up on the stupid prepaid card for the last 2 years unused. How's that for paranoia? :)

Might just end up using the site as you say.

4. Jason

Jason Gold

SS#?????? That's a new one. I'd never input my social anywhere.

5. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Yeah that's what I thought too. Apparently something to do with the Patriot act? Seems intrusive.

Also, they now want your SS# when getting a local fishing license in TN. And they put it into the pin pad machine in the fishing shop. I kid you not, when I heard that from the employee I laughed and left the shop mid sentence.

6. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

are they asking for the SS# or your federal tax ID #??

7. Zapins

Zapins Gold

For the prepaid debit card it was the social, for the website they want just my CC#

8. crazybillybob

crazybillybob Silver Banner Member

I have used us.misumi-ec.com before. Good Company I am using some of there product to rebuild my CNC router bigger better stronger.

9. Frank Clark

Frank Clark Copper

I've used both. One set of 12.9 bolts I got from mrmetric where of dubious quality. All others have been fine.

us.misumi-ec.com is a large company. No issues...