Holiday Season Scumbags

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by OCD, Dec 4, 2017.

1. OCD

OCD Silver

While I recommend everybody periodically check your on line bank statements I can't express this enough during the holidays season.

These SCUMBAGS work over time during the holidays and are using every tactic and device they can get their hands on to steal hard working folk's money every chance they get.

When you get gas, check the card slide portal for skimmers.
    Check ANY card slide portal regardless where it is.

If you have one of the old chip cards request a new safety featured card and carry it in a theft protective wallet or card case.
    This won't stop on line thieves from stealing the number but will help with local theft prevention.

Some SCUMBAG got ahold of my wife's number and apparently made a new card, then went on a shopping spree at Wal-Mart in another city. :mad:

One other thing, there appears to be a group of SCUMBAGS calling people from 800-369-4887 number claiming to be card service fraud dept.
    If you have concerns about your account(s), cards or posted purchases,
    Call the number on the "Back" of your bank issued card, not some number some Scumbag left on your voice mail or texted you.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  2. Negativ3

Negativ3 Silver

Sorry for your troubles, all good advice.

3. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Yup, that all sounds... sound.

Jeff

4. Jason

Jason Gold

Got that t-shirt....Gotta give the thieves credit, they are some crafty bastards. If only they put as much effort into legitimate WORK, they would be far wealthier.

5. _Jason

_Jason Silver

Thieves like this make you want to bring back public hangings.

Jason likes this.
  6. Jason

Jason Gold

Get the horse, I'll bring the rope!

7. OCD

OCD Silver

8. Tobho Mott

So scuzzy, gas is already expensiver as frig anyhow! Glad those dbags got caught.

Jeff

9. Jason

Jason Gold

gas is expensive? I saw the mother of expensive gas in Kissimmee last week. Now this a THIEF.
    20171202_014036.jpg

10. Tobho Mott

Holy heck, that really is high... I paid $1.19/L (I think that is about $4.50CDN/gallon) the other day, which is infuriating and higher than "usual", but not at all uncommon around here in recent months. Only a few short years ago though, our gas pumps only had enough decimal places to display prices up to 99.9 cents per litre...

It's not so bad for me, I carpool with a guy from the office - I pay for our parking pass every month, and he drives in his car and pays for the gas... so technically, more expensive gas prices actually makes it cheaper for me to get to and from work... if you think about it a certain way while squinting really hard. :D Mind you, I had to buy a second car when he decided to go on parental leave last year, so that's probably why he hasn't mentioned wanting to revisit our current arrangement. It's still way cheaper for both of us than not carpooling.

Jeff

11. Jason

Jason Gold

This one in WHORELANDO is a bit extreme, but gas less than 1/4 mile away is $2.35 a gallon. This clown is a thief ripping tourists off.

12. OCD

OCD Silver

The SAD thing about that Jason is unless the state is under a State of Emergency crisis it's not considered gouging.
    WTF??? <Bang Head on Wall>
    They figure you can just not buy and go down the road.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  13. Jason

Jason Gold

That's why you leave them a shitty review on google maps. Hit 'em in the wallet is the best form of retaliation.

14. OCD

OCD Silver

Back when we were kids whenever we would see stuff like that we would sneak down there after closing hours and rearrange the lettering on their signs spelling out all kinds of CRAZY crap for the public to see.

Like:

I'm a scumbag and want to steel your money,
    I provide No grease,
    Etc.,
    Etc.,
    Etc.

Some rearrangements were even vulgar. :D

15. Jason

Jason Gold

yup.. cameras kinda screwed that thought over. Although I doubt a cop would have given me any crap if I would have screwed with this sign.

16. OCD

OCD Silver

Yeah, that was long ago and way before cell phones and a digital world.
    Ahhhh, the good ole days.

17. Peedee

Peedee Silver

I pay the equivelant of US$6.21 per US gallon for diesel, some places are about 10% higher, thats robbery!

18. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

I remember getting picked up hitch hiking when I was 13 or 14 (mid/late 70s) back when gasoline was still well under a dollar per gallon. The fellow who picked me up was from England -kind of a novelty for me. He told me gas was around $3US per gallon in England.
    Too, I remember diesel being less than gas up until about 10 years ago. I think the difference has to do with taxing truckers more than anything else.

19. Peedee

Peedee Silver

In the UK diesel is heavily taxed 'because of the rise in particulates' some years back it was promoted as a better alternative to petrol and now the goverment has egg on it's face (nothing new there then!)