Horrible freight lawsuit

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by Jason, May 16, 2018.

1. Jason

Jason Gold

Any of you part of the class action lawsuit for these scumbags?
    I just got a letter and a gift card. $160 bucks!

I was expecting a check for 6bucks. And I didn't even itemize all the receipts I had from them.

2. Zapins

Zapins Gold

What lawsuit? That's interesting. Surprised they paid anything. Their tools are crap most of the time so they kind of deserve it imo.

3. Hadn't heard of that. But if you're talking about Harbor Freight I buy their tools all the time and are happy with them. Probably says something about my skill level...

Never heard of the lawsuit either.

4. Zapins

Zapins Gold

5. Interesting. It seems the lawsuit was over the validity of their sales prices versus normal price. I don't think I would have entered into that as I believe and most everyone knows their price claims are fraudulent, just like their claims their tools are as good as Milwaukee and Snap On. I'd be ashamed to claim I was too stupid to realize that.

6. Jason

Jason Gold

Sorry guys... I thought I mentioned it over at AA. I agree, most of there stuff is complete shit, but I do occasionally find something I can use.

7. Peedee

Peedee Silver

Sounds like they are similar to our 'screw fix' and the like over here, I bought a mac allaister POS makita rip off and got what I expected.... a POS, i'd rather I'd spent the £65 on beer!