I am unable to join this forum, please help.

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by myfordboy, Dec 29, 2020.

1. myfordboy

myfordboy Silver

Not me of course. I am already a member but I have received an email from a keen caster wishing to join.
    He is waiting for a confirmation email.
    I'll just paste the message below, perhaps the moderators can advise.

''My name is Matt. Over the weekend I registered on thehomefoundry.org and currently I’m waiting on a confirmation email before I can use the forum. Even after repeated attempts to resend the confirmation e-mail I still have not received it and I have no way to contact anybody on the forum about this. I’ve been hesitant to bother you with this. Hopefully I’m not overstepping.
    I’ve been watching your videos for the last several weeks before stumbling across the forum and noticed that your a member.
    Do you have any advice as to what I should do or is there anybody that could be contacted to help resolve this. I am in the middle of a furnace build and would like to utilize the resources of the forum. My email is mattlowry@att.net and my user name is KC M@''

Stuart. W likes this.
  2. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Lemme see...

Stuart. W likes this.
  3. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Ok. He's fixed

Stuart. W likes this.
  4. myfordboy

myfordboy Silver

Another new member then!

Stuart. W and DavidF like this.
  5. KC M@

KC M@ Copper

Thank you myfordboy, and DavidF. The roads here just cleared enough to make my scrap metal run so I have to do that while the opportunity exists but I am anxious to get back and get some advice on a few current design issues. Thanks again.

Matt

Stuart. W and DavidF like this.
  6. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Welcome.

Pics or it didn't happen

Stuart. W likes this.
  7. KC M@

KC M@ Copper

Of course. I’ll post them in the appropriate thread after I pit stop in the new members area.

8. KC M@

KC M@ Copper

Just realized after posting a new thread this is in new member introductions.:confused:

9. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome KC. I'm pretty sure I saw you forum application and thought approved it.......unless unintentionally rejected it.....either way welcome.

Best,
    Kelly

10. KC M@

KC M@ Copper

Thank you.

11. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Copper

Welcome! Great information here!

12. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome to the forum, M@.

Jeff

13. Stuart. W

Stuart. W Copper

14. boroko

boroko Copper

I requested to join recently and was a bit confused about the process for a while. I got an email that the request was received and I should have an answer within 24 hours. A few day later, having not received another email, I was going to request again, but instead just put in the username and password that I had submitted, and found that I was already approved without further notice. Putting this in here in case others are confused by the process.

15. Al2O3

It could be that the reply email was captured in you spam folder, or possibly, when you were approved we neglected to check the box to notify you. Either way, welcome.

Best,
    Kelly

16. boroko

boroko Copper

I just wanted to mention the way it played out with me in case anyone else runs into the same thing. Kelly, seeing one of your videos is what brought me here. I have been thinking about for a long time. Stashing Kaowool, and scrap aluminum, and built a waste oil gun (mostly to heat my garage). If someone in the area already has experience, I would love to watch them and learn, but it not, I'll just learn from here.

17. Al2O3

Sorry for your struggle. In our defense, the site is under constant attack from hackers and spammers. Easily 95% of all applicants are malicious, and I'm not exaggerating. The bots are constantly evolving and measures need to be taken otherwise our two-man admin staff would spend all our time screening new applicants.

Best,
    Kelly

Tobho Mott likes this.
  18. boroko

boroko Copper

That was not meant as a complaint in any way, it was only to guide other newcomers of the possible process so they don't feel put off. I understand the frustrations of running a forum, and they are considerable. That said, I sure appreciate the effort instead of the current trend to go to FB, which has so little continuity and persistence, not to mention the data mining.

Tobho Mott likes this.
  19. Zapins

Zapins Gold

That's exactly what a super sophisticated bot would say to pass the turing test... I'm watching youuu... :)

boroko and Tobho Mott like this.
  20. boroko

boroko Copper

While I do have a lot of varied interests, I have no implanted electronics, and am probably not all that sophisticated.