I'm here, now.

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by GTS225, Aug 16, 2020.

1. GTS225

GTS225 Silver

Yep.....the guy that wasn't a prolific poster to begin with.
    I really tried to be patient with the Avenue, but there comes a time when even patience and stubbornness aren't enough.

I'll still be a bit scarce around here. I now have to be primary caregiver to a cancer-stricken wife in in-home Hospice care. I expect to be a widower sometime in the next couple of months.

That being said, I really don't want to sound like an ingrate, but I ask that you reserve your thoughts and prayers for those whom might still have some hope of recovery. This has been ongoing for a year or better, and the tumors aren't responding to therapies. The brain tumor went away for about two months after radiation treatment, but is back, with a "friend", so any hope is lost, and this was her decision to stop all treatments.

I am mentally prepared for the inevitable, and am really trying to be a "hardass" about all this. I just hope I don't come out on the other side of it as a more despicable human being than should be allowed to exist.

Thanks for letting me "vent".....Roger

2. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Welcome aboard Roger.

Pete

3. Jason

Jason Gold

Welcome Roger. Just lost my mom to cancer. It's a real bitch! I wish they'd quit pissing away money on mars bullshit and spend it on finding a cure. Even my young wife of 38 had a round of breast cancer! She wasn't even due for her first mammogram, but I found a lump one night messing around. Lucky I was doing a thorough, ahem, exam that night!:p