In training

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by FredsShed, Jul 30, 2018.

1. FredsShed

FredsShed Lead

Hi, I weld and fabricate for$, to spend on sand n gas to melt metal, I started with the coal, n cans, and got more interested, I currently use sand, and graphite molds, I cast copper, brass, n bronze, I'd like to get into investment casting!

2. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome to the forum Fred.
    You've come to the right place for investment casting :D

FredsShed likes this.
  3. PatJ

PatJ Silver

Welcome to the forum; nice to have you.
    Being able to weld is a huge benefit when it comes time to fabricate home foundry equipment.
    I would not try to build a foundry without a good welder, although I know some here have done just that; but then again you don't really need a car either, you can just walk everywhere you go (heavy sarcasm intended). :D

As I always say, "We need photos", since I always learn new stuff when I see what others are doing, and that is how I have learned much of what I know about foundry work.

"Graphite molds". Now that sounds interesting.

P.S.
    Nice cat avatar. We have managed to pick up 6 strays, and seem to be running a catopia.

FredsShed likes this.
  4. FredsShed

FredsShed Lead

Thanks,

5. FredsShed

FredsShed Lead

image.jpg image.jpg
    Yes, I have all the tools I needed to build my small foundry, using it wisely is a task, I've made a few nice things I have posted on my u tube https://www.youtube.com/user/oldfredsshed
    Some of my work I've done

6. Jason

Jason Gold

Welcome aboard Fred. This forum is just 1 year old, but already has tons of good info.

Pat, let me know when I can ship cocoa the cat your way. My youtube viewers won't notice him missing off the channel.

FredsShed likes this.