I had a friend ask me whether I could repair his umbrella elevator bracket. I'm not sure what it is. Zamak, magnesium, but likely not aluminum. It is fractured several places and I don't want to try to weld it with aluminum, it already broke once. So I decided I need more practice on lost foam. I modified the design a little, making it much heavier. And I added his initials. Added a short sprue to the bottom and invested it in sheetrock mud. I'm brushing hot wax on the joints and the investment does not cover the slick wax very well. It does not seem to matter on the surface finish in those areas. It poured rather uneventfully and came out great. I had put the initials offcenter so they would not interfere with chucking it in a three jaw chuck to true up the bore. I was expecting a little shrinkage but the best I can tell the finished piece has the same dimensions as the foam pattern. Bore was 4.00" on the foam. I did err on the cavity for the rollers, made it right but then pushed it farther into the pattern than planned. Since one roller is cracked, I plan on making two smaller rollers which will fit.