This is partially true......

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by Al Puddle, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Al Puddle

Al Puddle Silver

The reason I've been so keen about making air manifolds is because Tesla Motors is putting the heat on me.
    Seems they're having problems with their robots team and I'm trying to fix them up with new air manifolds.
    They declined to let me rewrite their machine codes and decided to do it in-house. We'll see how THAT turns out.

2. OCD

OCD Silver

Spend a dollar to save a nickel. :rolleyes:

3. Jason

Jason Gold

Take Tesla's money. At least some of my subsidy money will go towards someone I know.
    Do not get me started on Musk. I actually think more of that shithead king of random... :eek:

4. Al Puddle

Al Puddle Silver

Boy, upper management is pissed at me. They just found out I broke the milling machine. Can I help it if the manufacturer built a machine that allows you to engage the reverse contactor when the forward contactor is engaged? The engineering dept. is redesigning the milling machine control system and the purchasing department has placed the order for repair parts. Human resources has recommended a modification to the machine to alleviate operator complaints regarding positioning of lighting and air nozzles. The fab shop has insisted a drawing of the necessary bracket be submitted before they will start.
    The Cadd guys are backed up, so maybe next week. Got bumped from the golf game with senior management and Elon.

5. Al Puddle

Al Puddle Silver

Due to the low budget allocations, I've had to settle for a general labor contract with a group called "The Gremlins". They have proven to be unreliable in meeting deadlines, yet timely in mitigating potential disasters. I'm stuck with a one-year contract with these guys , what a nightmare!
    They just nod their heads and say "OK". Just venting.

6. Al Puddle

Al Puddle Silver

The Gremlins failed to get the ditch dug before the rain. However, they did hook me up with a place that has some cool equipment that I can use.
    A 4x4 ft. CNC router.
    IMG_1128.JPG
    A color plotter. IMG_1138.JPG

A laser cutter 2ft x length of building
    IMG_1140.JPG
    3D printer 6in cube capacity
    IMG_1137.JPG
    a smaller cnc router IMG_1139.JPG

Little bastards, can't fire them now.

Attached Files:

7. Jason

Jason Gold

I know someone that has that same laser cutter. The software for that thing sucks donkey balls. His worked good for a year then the control panel went out on it. So he bought a 2nd one and kept the first for parts. When it works, its a great bargain. But it is a bit cantankerous. We used it to engrave anodized aluminum with part/serial numbers and operating instructions.

8. Al Puddle

Al Puddle Silver

That's good to know, Jason, I may wind up upgrading his control stuff. Throw it on the pile.

9. Jason

Jason Gold

I got some work for ya if you have black sticker paper for that plotter.... I need some new stickers made for my airplane.... ;)

10. Al Puddle

Al Puddle Silver

They have a printer, I think, that prints large format decal printing. I could use some projects that require me to task their system. Give me some more details.

11. Jason

Jason Gold

It's simple black text. Nothing big at all. I can draw it up in finished size with the correct font. Just find out what format that machine needs it in. Some of those print either publisher or word docs.

12. Al Puddle

Al Puddle Silver

The Gremlins failed to dig the trench. Had to do it myself. I'm going to back charge them. Mgmt. is going to freak out when I tell them I had to take the mill motor to the repair shop. Got the control box from engineering. Upper, upper management wants me to make an electric trail bike. Ahhh, reset priorities.
    Most of this post is true. Some previous posts were hardly true. Just say'n.

13. Al Puddle

Al Puddle Silver

Oh, and lower management wants me to design a modular, ie. movable, unit that incorporates an oven, furnace, forge, and room heater. Needs 3ft. capacity in the oven, 10lbs Al for furnace and also a 10 ozt Ag jewelry furnace. Forge can be 1'x1'x 8" tall. The whole unit outside dimension limits are 4ft x 5ft 6ft tall.
    And not only that but, I have to incorporate Research Dept's requirements for automated temperature profiling of the various heated compartments.
    You know, I could be sucking down rum drinks on a Carribean island and being bored out of my mind. Hmmmm, decision point.

Oh, that's right, Commodore Rod has a request in for me to establish an international trading route from Hills, Iowa. Been putting that on the back burner. Maybe I could find a good launching station in the Caribbean.? Actually, this hasn't been on the back, back burner. I'm envisioning a way to transport goods to/from Hills to/from any sea/river bank. Pipeline in packet form.

I hope this thread is entertaining. I'm using this post thread as a way to vent my craziness.
    I promise no animals will be harmed. Feelings could be hurt, not intentional.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  14. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

You need to skip the furnace, forge, heater, build and get some better ventilation your shop Rodney....I think the fumes are getting to you.o_O

Best,
    K

15. Al Puddle

Al Puddle Silver

Maybe it's the fumes. I seem to get a little whacky when the season changes fall to winter and especially winter to spring. I've got pills for the spring anxiety but the fall always sneaks up on me.

I put a carbon monoxide meter in my shopping cart. I would like to know how well my ventilation system is handling the CO emissions during casting sessions.

The future furnace, oven, forge build will happen and it will be done by this time next year.

Regarding the electric trail bike, it's a project my dad is interested in. He hasn't taken any interest in my foundry/machine shop build and sees no practical use for it. Motorcycles, ah, that is his only interest. He spent his retirement years reviving a few dozen British bikes. I'm trying to find a way to keep him engaged during the winter months to keep his dementia from getting worse. Hopefully, next spring he can ride the bike. He's too weak to kick over the Triumphs and BSAs and the electric start bikes are too big for him to handle now.