Thought I'd start a thread for my latest casting project. It will be lost PLA in block POP silica sand investment. This is a part from a turbine engine I'm building. I've been working on this for a while. This is the second design. I made two castings previously, the first didn't work out, the second one did. I machined the second casting up to a point, but decided to change the design because of what I learned during the process. The raw casting is about 15 lbs in 356 Aluminum. I will be using a direct pour riser with a ceramic filter in it. I've had good luck in the past using these filters to cast pistons.