I wanted to show you guys some pictures and ask you what you think the problem is, and how I can dial in my process. Materials: -Ultra-Vest® BANDUST™ investment -Joe's Jewelry Investment Wax Turquoise -Tap water (instructions call for deionized water-I'll use that when I get near the end zone). To get a perspective on size, the mold frame was a Solo cup and the interior cavity is approx. 45mm long = 1.75" long) I am using a microwave to melt out my wax after painting graphite on it (known as a susceptor). I have a feeling the graphite is getting too hot and wanted to show you the pictures to get your take on what you see. (I will post my findings for everyone once I get this dialed in. I used this when casting larger aluminum pieces and it worked well but I used crap materials (Lowes/Home Depot investment materials lol) and got lousy quality results). I cast the model in investment and let it cure for four hours and then put it in the microwave. The wax melted out in approx. six minutes and smoke started at minute eight. I turned the mold over and let the smoke/burnout cycle continue for two more minutes. I have a feeling the wax was gone but the graphite was burning the investment. When you guys see smoke from the burnout in your burnout kilns how long do you let it smoke? This info is valuable to me so I can calibrate your response to my process. After the wax burnout, I took the mold over to my compressor and blew out the ash (a lot = too much). The compressor was probably set to 60 PSI. First, black ash came out. So I did it again. If a little came out a lot more is better right? lol! So I blew out more. The third time what blew out of the hole was white (uh oh). I have a long, direct-blowing tube attached to the compressor so the air blast was focused (insert stupid tears). I had no intention to cast this mold. I wanted to see how everything looked and have never tried clearing ash from the mold before. Next time I'll try not using hurricane Katrina. What do you guys do when blowing out the ash? Light gusts? Small Japanese fan? I broke the mold open to inspect everything. I wanted to see that all of the wax was gone and to inspect for mold damage and detail captured. The two things that I didn't like: Cracks in the spout near the cavity. I don't mind them but should I be aiming for crack-free or does that look like a win? I expected more detail as the lost wax part had some fine details (mostly texture of the piece, not thin areas) I wanted to capture. Did I blow out the details with my 60 PSI nozzle aimed into the hole? I'm about to try it again and don't plan on blowing out any ash so that I can work on the microwave process rather than cleaning out the cavity since I'm not casting yet. I hope you guys can zoom in to see the details. While looking at the pictures themselves, I can see they don't show didly. But everyone likes pictures right ? On the next attempt, I won't run the burnout as long and I won't be using the compressor. My gut tells me I ran the burnout too long. What do you look for, or what is your process when you see smoke during burnout? Smoke = burnout is done so stop before you cook the details out of the mold? Hopefully, you all are not just running a burnout kiln that uses an electronic PID (that's what I want to avoid$$+time. The microwave took a total of 10 minutes (plus the four-hour mold cure/dry time)). I'll post some new and better pictures of the 2nd test around 8pm PST (West Coast US).