We Live in a Ignorantly Stupid World These Days

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by OCD, Dec 17, 2017.

1. OCD

OCD Silver

You have to be kidding me,
    117.5 million views? :confused:
    I’m going to start making the STUPIDEST, most ignorant YT videos on God’s green earth.............

2. Sheesh!, everyone knows the best containers for acidic soft drinks is metallic lead, that's what it should be made from, or maybe even used herbicide drums. That way the population will be self selecting.

One of the better Youtubers is Ichiban Moto, lately he's had to add the word "Parody" to a lot of his videos as angry people keep trying his methods with bad results:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  3. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

2 things are certain:
    1) I will subscribe to his channel
    2) I will NEVER do one single thing he prescribes!

Pete

Mark's castings likes this.
  4. Jason

Jason Gold

I dont sub to ichi, but I've seen a few of his videos. The guy has a special talent. How he can say such stupid shit with a dead serious voice is beyond me.

He'd make a great politician. "If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your plan!"

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  5. Robert

Robert Silver

I have never seen the Ichiban videos but that is pretty damn funny at the end. Hey, Ill bet if you used the soda fountain to fill up the dented gas tank and then shook it, the pressure would push out all the dents! Easier Than welding with lamp cord...
    Very impressive that he uses metric vise grips!
    R

6. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

Cutting the steel pins with swiss army knife scissors and dropping the match in the tank were the best.

7. Like others have mentioned, Ichiban's dry, matter of fact delivery while perpetrating all manner of restoration crimes is what makes it riveting viewing. The viewer comments are also not to be missed: "I did what you said but it's not working at all!!!" or something like: "That's not how you do welding, doing that would kill you!". Many people believe he's for real with these faked methods, one of my favourites is the vibratory tumbler where he scoops up bentonite kitty litter with an obvious wet patch stain to use as the media. Another that brings a smile is the video on making a letter opener knife from any handy prison shanks you may have lying around the workshop.

Jason likes this.