What are these?

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by Zapins, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Are these useful for something?
    Any idea what they do?
    20220128_223439.jpg 20220128_223422.jpg 20220128_223408.jpg

2. They bear some resemblance to tool and cutter grinder accessories, I've used something similar to the green accessory to sharpen flutes on a cutter with a small spring steel finger on an arm to index the cutter flutes like your has. The finger will also follow an existing spiral or straight edge on a reamer and ensure the reamer/drill spins as it goes past the grinding wheel. The Baldor motor is a nice score, I have one very similar to power my smaller lathe.

3. SA7AEN

SA7AEN Copper

The blue thing looks like an airspindle for grinding the helix on endmill.

4. Zapins

Zapins Gold

I didn't buy them (yet) but I was thinking of getting them if I can figure out what they are for. They are pretty cheap at $100 for some bits and pieces includeling them I just don't know exactly what I'd be getting. They look expensive whatever they are. Also not sure what bits might be missing. They were included with a large number of stone grinding bits in the lot as well.

5. You'd likely want a tool and cutter grinder for best use, like a Cincinatti or a Makino C40:

makino C40.jpg

6. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Yeeah maybe one day. Alright ill pass on these things since it looks like they are only pieces of a bigger item and probably have missing parts.