Woof Woof

Discussion in 'Lost foam casting' started by OCD, Feb 6, 2018.

1. OCD

OCD Silver

I relentlessly tried to add music to the time lapsed sections to no avail but no matter what I did the audio kept playing all chopped up. o_O

2. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Gold Banner Member

Hard to see how fast the pouring cup is filling through all the smoke and fire, eh? :D

I wonder if leaving the coating off the back side might have let the gases vent into the sand more... That mold looked like it was really bubbling! I never saw a lost foam pour do that before.

The end result looks nice anyhow, even if it isn't exactly as you might have had in mind - good job!

Jeff

3. OCD

OCD Silver

I only sprayed the water based clear coat on trying to see if the finished product would have a smoother casted finish. Live and learn.
    It does help with preventing deformation of the foam when fusing pieces together but as seen, the benefits don't out weigh the results.

Oh well, it's just a bone.

The area where the trapped gases caused the funky looking out come wasn't intentional but really added characteristics to the finished product considering what it is.
    Naw marks.

A thought did come to mind though after de-shelling, that funky profile would work out quite well for the guts of a skeleton say during a Halloween casting contest. ;)

4. Jason

Jason Gold

Brother, ya gotta get that camera a little closer to the action. I'm over 40 and I land the plane by feel...