Would Anyone Here Trade 1 Metal Scrap For Another?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by Sirgei, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Sirgei

Sirgei Copper

This is only an idea. I only today saw this thread and had a look at it.

I would like to ask how possible might be to swap some Aluminum chunks here for something else?
    Or no one would do a trade like that?
    By chunks I means scrap pieces that are too thick and need metal grinder to cut with a lot of noise.
    And due to my place of residence, I can't make too much noise.

I live in UK, While it seems most of member base is in USA.
    So, just an idea is this at all possible or not.

Thank you again

Reason I am writhing it is that I would of liked - if possible - to trade something I can't use with someone who can use it. But always a matter if anyone would do such trade at all.

Thank You again

2. amber foundry

amber foundry Copper

I can't tell if you are after the aluminium or the other ?

3. If you get the aluminium hot over a barbecue, above a certain temperature it will be solid but very soft and easy to break up into chunks with a hammer. Wear face protection from the flying pieces.

4. dtsh

dtsh Silver

There's no reason you shouldn't if you find someone willing to trade, but shipping costs will factor in. I think you'll have better luck locating what you're after and trying to trade for that. I would trade with a local for any materials I have, but much of it I don't think would be worth the shipping fees and I'd just sell it to a local scrapper if I wanted it gone. I'm a scrounger, but when I need a specific material I have no objection to buying it, at least then it's usually a known alloy. Seems like a lot of times when I don't have a needed material in my supply, I spend as much in the hunt for it as I would buying it.

5. Rob Hall

Rob Hall Copper

Agreed. Just for example, I have 5 pounds of zinc I don't need. I have a 75 pound block of round steel , etc etc. I could use some tin for instance.
    But yeah, would really not be worth shipping any of it.
    HOWEVER, there are enough folks LURKING on the board, you might get someone local who would trade with ya.

Just my two cents....And, yes, I know, those are mostly zinc too....BAHAHAHA