Yup! Modern art is still Sh*T

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by Jason, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Jason

Jason Gold

Enjoy the latest installment in the series. I just want to know, where do these "experts" learn to speak such dribble?

2. I'm just sour that I'm not in on the scam, didn't some plastic stand get mistaken for modern art in a British gallery?.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  3. Peedee

Peedee Silver

The Tate (the old one) spent rather a lot of money on a pile of bricks, and many other 'unique' pieces :

https://www.nytimes.com/1976/02/20/archives/tate-gallery-buys-pile-of-bricks-or-is-it-art.html

I had the pleasure of going to art college (drink beer, waste time etc) but modern art meant I spent too much of the years arguing with tutors over the basis of 'modern art'. A friend embraced it full on and exitedly presented a piece he call Time and Space for his final work, it was a waste of both! Each to their own I guess.

4. Jason

Jason Gold

It's a total scam. I can see the money laundering thing. After the cash has been moved, they take 100dollar bills and burn this ugly shit out back. Meanwhile laughing how they just f'd over some wannabe artist. The self righteous prick probably deserves a reality check anyways.:D

FFW to 6:39 in that video... This guy explains it best. If any asshat can paint a canvas with a stripe down it, it's clearly not art. Show me something I probably cannot do and I'll agree, it's probably art. Twerking one's fat ass in a circle is NOT ART, no matter what reason gets attached to said twerking. Now if that fat ass can clap the marcarani, I'll concede it could be art.

5. Jason

Jason Gold

6. Exactly...at least they are making a token effort to pass it off as a valuable antique. Speaking of modern art, I am a fan of really bad album covers (not enough to actually buy them). Some of these artworks are good for a laugh and to wonder about the mental state of the chain of command who approved them in a record publishing company....was lots of cocaine involved?.

Where's the fourth guy??, in jail for handling too many .... or kept locked in a trunk with a ball gag?.
    dickhandler.jpg

lips.jpg worstalbum88.jpg 5-1.jpg 18-1.jpg 70-1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  7. Jason

Jason Gold

I didnt see the 700k raisin box. There has got to be some kind of mental illness going on with this one.o_O

8. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Yeah, but think about it - he really only has to make a sale on just ONE of those auctions to really make a killing... :rolleyes:o_O

Jeff