A box of wax foxes

Discussion in 'Investment casting Ceramic shell method' started by Jason, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Jason

Jason Gold

Yeah Barry from outback foundry subbed today too. You've probably noticed, you can't see everyone that subs. Example, if you look at what I sub to, it doesn't show anything. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to label someone from what they watch. Ask me and I'll happily tell you what I tune in to. The web is like an endless root system with fingers reaching way too far for comfort. ;)

2. Jason

Jason Gold

I got part one edited and stuck on the tube tonight. I decided to break this one up in 2 parts to control the length. Fritz dropped a surprise on me with the foxes. Seems as someone they knew needed a reign for an old remington replaced. So that took a bit of time to show the setup on that. Spoiler alert: Thank god that skinny bastard cast right the first time. The little red wax pieces are 1/8" thick and they filled! Shell continues to impress the hell outta me!

Tobho Mott likes this.
  3. Zapins

Zapins Gold

Nice !! I like the video editing too. Where did you get the sprues from? Or what wax are they made from? They bend easily and seem easier to use than the casting wax which just wants to shatter.

When's part 2 coming out?

4. Jason

Jason Gold

Thanks man. editing takes forever. I didn't count how many clips were on this one, but it's a ton. Someone gave me the yellow sprue wax. It works easy. You should be able to get it anywhere online. Try riogrande... I'd like to find more of the yellow, it's easy to see against the dark brown.

5. Jason

Jason Gold

The fox job is in the box! Enjoy!

For those of you that didnt cheat and look at the spoiler

Tobho Mott likes this.