Little things...

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by Peedee, Nov 23, 2018.

1. joe yard

joe yard Silver

The use of a pipe wrench to remove broken bolts.
    On occasion such as an oil pan bolt where it is fragile to pounding or rounded and nothing including vice grips wont grab or a stud where a good grip is just not going to happen. If room is there. A pipe wrench with the lose fitting jaws can grab and dig into irregular shapes where no other tool seams to work. I kept a 6 inch wrench in my mechanics maintenance box at all times.
    Joe

2. Jason

Jason Gold

Oh no.. I'm well versed in pool chemistry. Smart people DO NOT use pool shock or very little.. It screws your cya levels big time. Can you just imagine what pool shock could do to stainless? Today the answer is the cheapest BLEACH and applied pretty much everyday. I'll get into the chemistry in the other thread if anyone wants my take on it. If you own a pool, I can save you a fortune and keep you away from the clowns at local pool stores. No not, baquacil either. ;)

3. Maybe an ozone gas generator would be the way to go, the extra O3 would keep the passivation layer maintained on the stainless. Only problem is the frogs laying eggs in the fresh, clean, chemical free water.