the Petrobondforsale guy seems to be out of business

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by HT1, Mar 4, 2020.

1. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

the Petrobondforsale guy seems to be out of business.

anyone have another supplier???

2. Gippeto

Gippeto Silver

Looking for ready to use or the binder? Sitting on a 50lb bag. Not sure if it would qualify as dangerous goods for cross border shipment though...

Al

3. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

I see his listings are gone from eBay. I went to his website and everything looks normal so I sent him an email via the contact page. You may have already done that, but we'll see if I get a response. I just bought some from him a few months ago but I would like to get another 50 lbs.

Pete

4. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

I think it was Sandrammer on YT who mentioned you can buy bags of the binder (enough to make 1000# of PB sand) from Lancaster Foundry, if all else fails. Maybe they would sell it premixed too, no idea.

I'm pretty sure Smelko's up here in Ontario would happily sell it either as ingredients or premulled.

I think about switching every so often. Usually when I've just discovered my greensand has dried out on me. Again. Or when it's too cold for liquid water, like the past couple of months up here.

Jeff

5. crazybillybob

crazybillybob Silver Banner Member

6. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

everything is marked not available

7. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

8. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

What steps do you take to maintain your heap? Obviously some of your sand gets disposed of, so how do you decide what gets mixed in and what gets thrown out?
    I haven't heard back from petrobondguy so I lol be interested to hear your opinion on PMC.

Pete

9. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

I mull it for 11 minutes with a mist of 90% alcohol and a squirt or two of non detergent 30 weight oil. all I loose is the little that I cannot shovel off the floor, Maybe two pounds per pour

V/r HT1

10. Jason

Jason Gold

How can he go out of business? With all the wasted p-bond on YouTube, he should be down in the Turks sucking on a big fat cuban cigar lying on the beach with 3 honeys!

11. rocco

rocco Silver

Who knows? Maybe he is and that's why he went out of business. I can't speak for him but if I'm on the beach in the Turks, I wouldn't want to have to be calling home to make sure my gophers are keeping the mullers running and the orders moving.

OMM and Jason like this.
  12. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

13. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Are they atleast Raybans ??

14. Jason

Jason Gold

not for 65bucks. Just bought a new pair of daddy O's and were twice that! I don't get how your order sand and get sun glasses?

15. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

It's a scam that's been going on online...
    Ads on Facebook are full on them..

16. OMM

OMM Silver

PayPal or any Visa/MasterCard transaction has a customer trump card. I have most of my customers paying through friends and family which the trump card doesn't exist. But… I give an 18 month no hassle warranty, excluding return shipping until analyzing has been done.

In this situation you probably got yourself a free pair of sunglasses or a return sticker..... and the Petro bond is going to be on its way.

Either way, let us know. This is where word-of-mouth makes or breaks a vendor that is sketchy.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  17. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

Sheeshables Phone Number is no good, but they are answering Emails, they asked for a picture of the package I received, if I do not get made whole within two days (the 29th day since ordering) I will file a dispute through Paypal

V/r HT

P.S. the glasses are Raybans

18. Jason

Jason Gold

post a photo of the rays.. I've been on the hunt for the 57mm predator non polarized for 2years. Last pair on earth is currently 500bucks! I shit you not!

19. HT1

HT1 Gold Banner Member

Here is The response I received

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience,I have checked,the logistics accidentally sent the wrong product.
    How about we re-send the initial item to you?
    Look forward to your early reply.

Thank you

20. Jason

Jason Gold

Bonus. Wear the Rays!