oldironfarmer's Recent Activity

1. oldironfarmer replied to the thread A new melter Im building.

Billy could have been President

Jun 23, 2021 at 3:26 PM
  2. oldironfarmer replied to the thread A new melter Im building.

In Jason's defense, he adds color and variety to any post. Also increases readership so your monetization will be higher. Umm, we...

Jun 22, 2021 at 7:51 PM
  3. oldironfarmer liked rocco's post in the thread A new melter Im building.

English is a vibrant and constantly evolving language but it is weird. I personally find the peculiarities in the English language...

Jun 22, 2021 at 7:45 PM
  4. oldironfarmer replied to the thread A new melter Im building.

English really isn't that hard, we have little kids learn it over here.

Jun 21, 2021 at 3:12 PM
  5. oldironfarmer liked Jason's post in the thread A new melter Im building.

Andy, one this for sure is the English language is a fickeled beast. I don't envy anyone learning it coming from a foreign land [MEDIA]

Jun 21, 2021 at 11:01 AM
  6. oldironfarmer liked Tobho Mott's post in the thread Bob Puhakka on Bifilm theory.

Your glass flask experiments helped convince me to try it.

Jun 21, 2021 at 6:52 AM
  7. oldironfarmer replied to the thread Casting defect - any idea what happened here?.

It looks to me like shrinkage, too. You still get a nice sand pattern in shrinkage areas. Chvorinov's rule does work. If you have a...

Jun 21, 2021 at 6:52 AM
  8. oldironfarmer replied to the thread Bob Puhakka on Bifilm theory.

I think I get better castings with a spin trap but it is obviously hard to quantify. I have also used waste spin trap risers to machine...

Jun 21, 2021 at 6:37 AM
  9. oldironfarmer liked Tobho Mott's post in the thread Bob Puhakka on Bifilm theory.

Replying here in hopes of separating Campbell gating related discussion from the casting defect thread at:...

Jun 21, 2021 at 6:34 AM
  10. oldironfarmer replied to the thread A new melter Im building.

Great job Jason! I always enjoy reading your posts! If I may, I'd like to fill in some gaps in your excellent understanding of the...

Jun 21, 2021 at 6:16 AM
  11. oldironfarmer replied to the thread A new melter Im building.

I'm confused Jason. He did call his new furnace a melter, which is a nice task specific description. And his knife forge is adequately...

Jun 20, 2021 at 7:09 AM
  12. oldironfarmer liked Al2O3's post in the thread Automotive Intake Manifold – Boss 302 Independent Runner.

Well, unfortunately, it’s a fail, at least for my purposes. The exterior features are all fine, but the mold was not stable and caused...

36 Casting.JPG 37 Casting.JPG 38 Casting.JPG 39 Casting.JPG 40 Casting.JPG 41 Casting.JPG 42 Mold Position.JPG 43 Positioning Flow.jpg 44 Canted.JPG Jun 17, 2021