Petee716's Recent Activity

1. Petee716 replied to the thread Strange crucible issue after first copper melt..

I’d guess the crucible was defective to begin with or possibly cracked sometime between the factory and the furnace. You appear to have...

Sep 26, 2021 at 4:51 AM
  2. Petee716 liked Mark's castings's post in the thread Alloyed some brass today from scrap zinc and copper.

Made a final push and finished the valve, it has a 316 stainless needle and seat with a 15 degree included angle needle. The needle sits...

valve parts 1.jpg valve needle 1.jpg valve needle and seat 1.jpg valve 2.jpg Sep 25, 2021 at 6:01 AM
  3. Petee716 replied to the thread Hello from West Michigan..

Welcome. I've at least been to Grand Haven, but not lately. Pete

Sep 24, 2021 at 4:44 PM
  4. Petee716 liked Thud's post in the thread Hello from West Michigan..

I thought I would check in here & see what you guys are up to. I was an old contributor to the Alloy Ave. board, but that seems to have...

Sep 24, 2021 at 4:36 PM
  5. Petee716 replied to the thread Do you measure metal temperature and how ?.

If none of your kit instructions says which wire goes to which spade on the connector, just google k-type pyrometer and you'll easily...

Sep 23, 2021 at 3:28 PM
  6. Petee716 liked Melterskelter's post in the thread New tools! - Zapins.

My guess is those mics are spot on given who gave them to you. One very inexpensive but easy to obtain and very accurate standard is to...

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:38 PM
  7. Petee716 replied to the thread Aluminum Cavitation and identifying metals we melt....

It's probably die cast zamack. It melts about 750f. You wouldnt get zinc fumes at aluminum temps I dont think.

Sep 22, 2021 at 7:44 AM