2019 edition?

Discussion in 'Halloween Casting contest' started by Kurtis Kiesel, Aug 12, 2019.

1. OMM

OMM Silver

My designs to China through CAD and back again only take 18 days. Three days delivery. Get your numbers correct! Shipping is usually the biggest cost at $45 through DHL. I can get a prototype part done for $25 with the cad file(no machining). I can get full machining to specs at less than eight dollars an hour.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    Jason likes this.
  2. Jason

Jason Gold

I KNEW IT! You cheating rat bastard! My mechanic has an idea for a hand power tool I really should bring you in on. I'm still dealing with a broke airplane, maybe when I have some more time. We took today off, that's why I'm around here, back to the grind in 5hrs. I'm out for the nite!

3. FishbonzWV

FishbonzWV Silver Banner Member

Here's my entry.
    What are you guys waiting on

IMG_2562.JPG IMG_2563-crop.JPG

Kurtis Kiesel and Jason like this.
  4. Jason

Jason Gold

Nice clean pieces.. You win... The end.

Kurtis Kiesel likes this.
  5. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

3 people is already a 50% increase in participation over last time... :D

I'll try to make time for something if I can finish rearranging my sheds in time; sounds like fun!

Jeff

6. DavidF

DavidF Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

I think we should all make Jason a Christmas present and mail them to him....;):p:po_Oo_O

Tobho Mott likes this.
  7. Kurtis Kiesel

Kurtis Kiesel Silver

8. Kurtis Kiesel

Kurtis Kiesel Silver

What if mine is suppose to be dirty?

9. Jason

Jason Gold

OH F!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

10. OMM

OMM Silver

I don’t play on the dirt road, unless we’re talking jeep. There is the fun and play, there is also get to work! Sorry guys, I play a middle ground. I get the jokes but the dirt is mainly is for my jeep!

Does anyone want to see my jeep wrangler 3 feet in the snow??? It is the time of year! This is where we get to help out city buses and police cars.

3 inches of snow on Monday and 4 inches of snow on Tuesday. It’s all fun!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  11. Tobho Mott

Tobho Mott Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

OMG I almost died shoveling out the ~15cm deep soggy wet snow on my driveway yesterday. The ground isn't totally frozen yet, so gravel from my driveway kept freezing onto the shovel, which gave it enough texture that the snow wanted to stick to the shovel too. SNOW SHOULD NOT STICK TO A SNOW SHOVEL. EVER. And November is NOT supposed to be like this! :mad: Seems more like January weather.

At least I don't have to worry about my roof drain backing up anymore...

Off topic, sorry. OMM started it! :D

Back on track: I know someone who has Jason's mailing address... ;)

Jeff

12. DavidF

Fun?? Barf!! time to more to a warmer location!

sure throw up a picture...

13. Jason

Jason Gold

I read somewhere if you spray your snow shovel with PAM it helps it stick to it less.
    "How about that global warming?????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:"

14. Kurtis Kiesel

Kurtis Kiesel Silver

Rain x works too.

15. Jason

Jason Gold

That's a good idea. Back in high school, I tried to identify the magical ingredient in that stuff. Couldn't do it. I remember it was mostly alcohol and I think glycerin? o_O

16. Kurtis Kiesel

Kurtis Kiesel Silver

Its wax.

Jason likes this.
  17. Jason

Jason Gold

Interesting..... Makes sense.

18. Kurtis Kiesel

Kurtis Kiesel Silver

Yeah waxing your car's windows like you do the body, would take a long time and you would literally be spending hours to remove the residue, so rainX is a rubbing alcohol suspended wax, the old stuff use to cloud up just like cheap turtle wax does.

19. DavidF

You know what works best??
    Moving to Florida :p

Jason and Kurtis Kiesel like this.
  20. Kurtis Kiesel

Kurtis Kiesel Silver

That is the most expensive way to remove snow I have ever heard of.