Also back again

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Lou, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Lou

Lou Copper

I've been getting the itch to get back into the hobby. Some of the members here know me from way back when on Lionel's ol' Bravenet backyardmetalcasting forum version 1, then that successor forum, abymc, and then finally here because someone told me to come visit! I've not been on here much in the past year in a half since my father's cancer returned (he passed away in May) and apologize to the fellows that reached out about the silicon bronze. Did not intend to be flakey!

In the time since I first was melting pennies for their zinc content in 1999 as an 11 year-old, I've ended up starting a business because of my love of chemistry and melting metals, particularly the precious metals. It's been an interesting journey to be sure but now I'm a dad, super busy small business owner. I've moved out to what I consider to be "the country" and have free gas at pretty high pressure. It's got me thinking about getting back into blacksmithing and sand/investment casting as a hobby now that I've a proper pole building to do it in.

I'm the same Lou that moderates over on goldrefiningforum.com

Rogerrr and Tobho Mott like this.