Blowers for Burners

Discussion in 'link to various suppliers' started by John Homer, Apr 8, 2021.

1. John Homer

John Homer Silver

2. Any advantages over a leaf blower?

John Homer likes this.
  3. Jason

Jason Gold

Or microwave blower? Mine melts bronze easily!:p

John Homer likes this.
  4. John Homer

John Homer Silver

Not sure yet. I will keep you posted. It doesn't blow at a high rate of air like a leaf blower.

5. I'm sure it's a lot quieter.

I'm a blacksmith and use old bellows which don't put out much air either. I sure like the appearance of the bellows.

John Homer and Jason like this.
  6. Jason

Jason Gold

Yeah, leaf blowers are screamers! When ya gotta block off 95% of your air to the fire, you might have too much air.:p

7. Sometimes I have to switch mine on high, like when I'm cooking cast iron and I want to add more oil.

8. Jason

Jason Gold

Ya know, if I was a betting man, I bet those forge blowers provide high volume, low pressure air. If a guy was running a typical coal forge, he wouldn't really want a hard puff of air blowing coal out of the pan. I would think he would want a large volume of low pressure air. just farting in the wind on this one. My forge is NG.

As we all know, a furnace is NOT A FORGE!

9. John Homer

John Homer Silver

Yes it's super quiet. I bought the 2" blower. It has approximately twice the amount of air as a hair dryer. It's has an adjustable vent on the side and reduces the air to about 1/3 the rate. Looking forward to giving this a try