C-clamp thumb screw

Discussion in 'Sand Casting' started by Petee716, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Melterskelter

Melterskelter Gold Banner Member

I’d suggest videoing your next pour from the time you slag, add FeSi, etc. That way you can actually time the various steps. I have learned a lot about what actually goes on that way. It is very hard to guess times of various steps or see where you fumbled around or watch the crucible lose it it’s glow without a video. Time just compresses “in the heat of battle.” With an A10 you”ll need to be very organized and quick.

Do you have plans for temp measurement of the melt?

Denis

Tobho Mott likes this.
  2. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

I agree with MS about value of videoing pours. Besides the ability to observe possible process refinements, capturing the duration of the actual pour time to be very valuable. On the subject of crucible color, I've found my iphone does not accurately capture that compared to what is observed in person. This is <2000F. Not sure what that means for iron temps.

Best,
    Kelly

3. Melterskelter

Melterskelter Gold Banner Member

No, my iPhone doesn’t record accurate radiant color temps, but it does accurately indicate the relative brightness and fading (pretty quick) of the crucible.

Denis

4. Petee716

Petee716 Gold Banner Member

I'm going to have to rely on the "wait till it's ready and add 5 minutes" method for now.
    I can get my camera set up.

Pete