Can't watch my own YouTube videos

Discussion in 'General foundry chat' started by Mark's castings, May 21, 2021.

1. Forced ads was another reason I ditched YouTube, quite honestly little by little I feel like I've been stuck in an abusive relationship with YouTube.

2. FishbonzWV

FishbonzWV Silver Banner Member

It's all about economics.
    YT is owned by Google, Google is a publicly owned company. They have to generate income to pay the stockholders. There has to be growth.
    I'm a burden on the system eating up server space. How do they make money on me...get me to pay a monthly Premium fee or monitize.
    For a non-monitized user like me that only gets a few hundred views, the advertising dollar doesn't go far.
    How do they put the pressure on, throttle back the data.
    Ass, gas, or grass...nobody rides for free.

Another bitch...Ebay has been trying to ditch Paypal even though they bought them out years ago. The latest endeavor is making you add your bank account so they can put your sales money directly in your account bypassing Paypal.
    I always considered my PP account as a buffer to my banking. It's also my 'mad money' to spend as I please.
    Looks like I'm going to loose my casting sales venue.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  3. I realize I'm not profitable for them and probably never will be: my most popular video was watched in India and Pakistan mainly. That said they have more than enough profit to support a horde of small creators in the hopes some make it to the bigtime (0.09%). This seems like harassment to link identity information to allow enhanced data mining. Like all "free" websites, if you don't know what their product is, chances are, "You" are the product. As somebody once said about YouTube: "Why are they doing this to small creators?....because they can". I wonder how Joerg Sprave is going in Europe to form a YouTube creator union under workplace laws there.....hmmm looks like he's had some success :

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    Jason likes this.
  4. Jason

Jason Gold

I saw that netflix documentary too on social media. WE are the product. These companies are a bunch of evil scumbags!

5. Jason

Jason Gold

You guys should see the survey email YT is sending out. :eek: They seem to be more interested in whats between my legs and what I F! I'm being dead serious on this!
    If you haven't gotten it yet, you will! In case you are wondering, you can fill in a lot in the other sections.
    To say I hit them with both barrels is an understatement!

20210526_143138.jpg

6. Accuracy and detail is needed to be able to market your personal information and steer you in the "right" direction. It's kind of interesting that the information wanted in the first paragraph they obviously find hard to currently extract (or they are going to increase accuracy by training an algorithm). The second paragraph is justifying the intrusion by "helping" creators when in reality they can't even provide basic assistance. I'm mostly over the butthurt of deleting my channel and dealing with the aftermath of tantrum quitting: Youtube is surprisingly less useful now without an account.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  7. FishbonzWV

I logged in and went straight to my videos, they played just fine. I guess I had exceeded my free viewing time the other day. :rolleyes:

8. There shouldn't be any viewing quota limits at the moment, I was theorizing they're implementing a new system of controls to limit creator access to their own content ahead of the June plan to advertise on all video content.

9. FishbonzWV

It's nothing new, I've had it happen before. The next day it's back to normal.

10. Jason

Jason Gold

June? I better get to work moving my channel to another platform. I hope many choose to leave their sorry asses behind..

11. Ferrisbeu

Ferrisbeu Silver

User error

12. Ironsides

Ironsides Silver

In 2013 youtube forced me and all other youtubers to sign up to google plus. So when others did that their google plus account showed their real name instead of their youtube name. What a f#$&UP. NEVER TRUST YOUTUBE EVER! So for 3 years I could not comment on my videos because I did not sign up. About three years later after youtube fixed the problem I did sign up and could comment on my videos.

Mark's castings likes this.
  13. When the failed Google Plus experiment ended, I thought I'd deleted all of the photos in my deleted Google + account but when I deleted my YouTube account, it was treated as a Google account and the photos were still there so I had to delete it for a second time, I doubt the personal data ever really disappears, they'll have use for it still.

Last edited: May 27, 2021