After watching Kelly and all his LF castings of intakes I decided to switch from sand casting to LF myself. Thanks for the wealth of information and giving me the inspiration to dive into LF. I'll have to admit, I thank I'm converted, lol. I do have some fine tuning to get them better, but I'm very happy with my current results. Used the same foam as Kelly and drywall mud. Glued everything together using PVA and hot glue. Then used melted wax to fill in the seams between all the pieces. To start with, I had originally made this intake via sand casting with wood patterns, I was never really happy with the casting I got and have been working on and off over the years on a better design. This is a two piece design intake that will allow an Eaton SC found on '03-'04 Cobra Mustangs to fit on the '96-'98 Cobra. Currently there is not intake available to do this, so this is not copied from anything. The main intake consumes a brim full A-16 Salamander and comes up a little short as the runners are filled, but the sprue is not. Still got an acceptable casting on my second attempt, first one was a bit short pour not knowing I needed to brim fill the crucible. I just purchased a A-20 to fix this problem, which will also result in a bigger LP furnace, which I've started on, I'll post in the furnace section soon. Here is the result in the short pour, I could probably fix it, but rather just have a good casting. Second attempt, usable casting. The top poured good, but the foam bowed a bit, I think it will mill out, but will attempt a second one that hopefully will not have this bow. I cut a piece of Dollar tree foam for the top sealing surface to give it a small boss, this way I would not have to mill the whole top flat, just where the gasket will sit. I added a runner across the opening that seamed to make it quite a bit more ridged, so I feel it will work better. So how I produced my patterns. To start, I modeled the intake in Solidworks, then created an STL file for 3D printing. Great thing with having it molded in CAD is I can easily scale for the plastic and aluminum shrinkage. Which when poured came out spot on, yay! I printed it in several sections due to size limits of my printer. I then test fitted it to my engine. (its only multi colored as I was using up different spools of filament) Once I proved I had everything good, I printed router patterns. They are printed with holes for 18ga nails that I use to stick the foam to. I used a 1/4" pattern bit on my router table. Next I will pour the bottom tank section that will get welded to the main intake casting. I decided to go this route as the tank will make milling the intake a bit harder for my mill. There are still some parts to come that will complete the whole project, so more to come soon.