Foundry engineer from Riga

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Kriss, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Kriss

Kriss Copper

Greetings everyone in the casting community.
    Very interesting to see how people are doing casting at their home.

I'm excited to become a part of this forum and share my journey in the realm of foundry engineering, particularly within the cast iron landscape. Here's a bit about my relevant experiences:

I currently serve as a Foundry Engineer at Scandicast in Latvia, where my primary focus lies in new product development and refining production processes specifically related to iron casting. My responsibilities involve developing iron casting tooling and meticulously documenting these processes, utilizing tools such as SolidWorks and NovaCast. One of my key roles has been analyzing scrap causes and implementing targeted corrective and preventive actions, essential in the world of cast iron manufacturing. I have also developed greensand system in the foundry.
    I have 10 year of experience in foundry, have seen hundreds of castings being casted. Have done hundreds of simulations. My experience is backed with education in foundry technology, in Sweden.

I'm eager to engage in discussions, share insights, and learn from the seasoned experts in this community, specifically focusing on cast iron foundry practices and processes.

Looking forward to contributing and learning together!
    Cheers!
    Kriss

HT1, Tobho Mott and Tops like this.
  2. Al2O3

Al2O3 Administrator Staff Member Banner Member

Welcome Kriss. It will be great to have your experience and professional insights as part of the forum.

Best,
    Kelly

Kriss and Tops like this.
  3. hatta

hatta Silver

Hello from Austria (no...not Australia ;):D)

Allways great to learn from the pro's :cool:

Kriss likes this.