I just hvent been doing enough naked women lately

Discussion in 'Lost wax casting' started by Mantrid, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Mantrid

Mantrid Silver

So here is one. A work in progress. While Im away from home and not being able to finish my coral reef bronze, I brought some clay with me and recently found a good site for figurative human poses.

https://www.female-anatomy-for-artist.com

Very useful. A paid site but much cheaper than hiring a model
    Only taken a few days to get to this stage.

20220827_072832.jpg

Its only about 10 inches high and should be a straight forward casting.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    Jason, FishbonzWV, Skratch and 2 others like this.
  2. Zapins

Zapins Gold

The best yet I think. Most correct proportions. Very nice work. I'm looking forward to the final bronze.

3. Mantrid

Mantrid Silver

Thanks
    Yes I agree. Having photos from different angles makes a huge difference from just making it up or using one photo

4. FishbonzWV

FishbonzWV Silver Banner Member

I'm in awe. Fantastic work!
    I'd like to know what part of the brain gives a person artistic vision so I can tell my doctor I'm missing it. :)

5. DJN Holistic

DJN Holistic Silver

What kind of clay did you use? It has a very nice finish. Did you rub it with lighter fluid or something?

6. Mantrid

Mantrid Silver

chavant soft rubbed with lighter fluid. However the soft is not ideal for doing the face. gets too soft in the hand and difficult to make the fine detail in the eyes etc, so been resorting to putting it in the freezer every now and again. Does the job ok.

7. DJN Holistic

DJN Holistic Silver

Doing a bit of backseat sculpting, While it's hard to tell without looking at the whole figure, I think that she would benefit from having her lats shaved back a bit. You've got a very nice line running from the triceps into the armpit that seems more appropriate.

The only other thing that looks a little funny to me is the wrist on the left arm. I'm guessing that extra bit on the inside is a wayward bit of armature wire and can't really be fixed at this point, but to me it looks like the wrist and the hand don't quite align. Either the hand need building up a bit more, or the arm needs pushing back and inwards a bit.

8. Mantrid

Mantrid Silver

This is an early picture. There has been many changes. At that stage I hadnt fine tuned the hands (Still havent). Currently redoing the whole face. Head and hands hav been cut off. Nxt pic I post will be completed piece

9. Jason

Jason Gold

I agree... MORE T&A.... Especially more in the T department!

10. Mantrid

Mantrid Silver

11. Jason

Jason Gold

We will allow you some artist creativity on this one! Give that poor girl some cans!

12. Mantrid

Mantrid Silver

Im using row 11 and 12 pose.
    In some of them it look like shes already had a fair few cans

13. Mantrid

Mantrid Silver

Ready for mould making

20221020_173122.jpg

20221020_173210.jpg

20221020_173237.jpg

20221020_173256.jpg

Tobho Mott, FishbonzWV, Jason and 2 others like this.
  14. DJN Holistic

DJN Holistic Silver

Looks great. I like the wrists and hands a lot - you nailed the scale there. The toes are a nicely done too.

15. Mantrid

Mantrid Silver

thanks. its much easier with good ref photos. but i did spend about a week doing the face. Face isnt my strong point. they always seem to look like transvestites. but ive learnt alot about sculpting the face over the last few weeks.

16. Jason

Jason Gold

Looks good, remember when an arm goes up, so does the boob.

17. Mantrid

Mantrid Silver

They are too small to notice :)

18. Jason

Jason Gold

Yeah, she could stand to buy a set of bolt-ons..

19. DJN Holistic

DJN Holistic Silver

You just have to be careful that you don't fall into the trap of always sculpting the same face if you approach it with the same formula. But faces aren't my strong suit either, or rather heads I should say. I always make them too big or too small.

20. Mantrid

Mantrid Silver

ive already fallen into that one. they always end up looking like lilly savage initially

lilly savage.jpg